2020 All Pro Team

Forge

7 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I thought any player receiving even 1 vote was technically 2nd team all pro. Cole Beasley got 1 total vote and the Bills official team media announced he was named 2nd team all-pro. Meanwhile, Leonard Williams and Blake Martinez got votes (2 and 1 respectively), but Giants media is not recognizing them as 2nd team all pro. Which one is right?

I think it’s because there was a tie at WR with multiple guys getting 1 vote, meaning multiple guys technically are the 2nd team WR. The other positions look like there was a clear cut 2nd team “winner”.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong though.

Edited by TitanSlim

3 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I think it’s because there was a tie at WR with multiple guys getting 1 vote, meaning multiple guys technically tied for the 2nd team. The other positions look like there was a clear cut 2nd team “winner”.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong though.

I thought this, but Bengals media also announced Jessie Bates as 2nd team all pro. He finished 5th for safeties in votes, clearly behind 4 other guys. Do they put 3 safeties on each all-pro team?

5 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I thought this, but Bengals media also announced Jessie Bates as 2nd team all pro. He finished 5th for safeties in votes, clearly behind 4 other guys. Do they put 3 safeties on each all-pro team?

There were 3 1st team safeties as Minkah and Budda tied with 18 votes each (Mathieu had 19). Adams and Bates were 2nd team. 

10 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Bahktari missed 4 games

Maybe that's the cut off for some lol. Teller was probably the best guard this year but also missed 5 games and only got second team. Not sure. 

I wasn't aware that bahk missed 4. That would have knocked him out of number one lt for me, personally

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Maybe that's the cut off for some lol. Teller was probably the best guard this year but also missed 5 games and only got second team. Not sure. 

I wasn't aware that bakh missed 4. That would have knocked him out of number one lt for me, personally

I wish his name was easier to spell 😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Week 1 he shook off some rust not having TC, after that, the man was pitching shutouts just about every week.

So that graphic shows 133 yards given to #1s, but 375 on the season...

So is it more impressive giving up 133 to #1s, or less impressive for giving up 242 to 2nd/3rd options? 

He's the best cover corner in the NFL. He won't ever have big INT numbers because no one throws at him.

Doesn’t this exactly apply to Jalen Ramsey, who was targeted even less?

13 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Week 1 he shook off some rust not having TC, after that, the man was pitching shutouts just about every week.

He's the best cover corner in the NFL. He won't ever have big INT numbers because no one throws at him.

I hate any graphic or stat listing that shows coverage stats in this way. It is, at best, incredibly ignorant, and at worst, deliberately misleading. It provides so little context. It doesn't show the entirety of that receiver's production, nor does it show the entirety of what Alexander allows, it shows specifically what he allowed to 1 WR in that game, without making any effort to show how often he even covered that player.

Just list the guy's actual coverage stats. It's still impressive without all the intellectual dishonesty.

• Like 2