#1 Alabama VS #3 Ohio State: National Championship

cortes02

#1 Alabama VS #3 Ohio State: National Championship  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 2021 National Championship

• Alabama
    • Ohio State

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/12/2021 at 01:20 AM

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Knowing Bama, Bryce Young would probably be lighting up Ohio State in that scenario, and Bama would still be winning.

Ah but see that's coming from the fan of an SEC team - the only thing I know about Alabama is that they beat up on the SEC and then when they play Ohio State or Clemson (teams closer to their talent level) they only win half the time or less.

Our defense has struggled all year I won't deny that - but it's just a shame that our two best offensive players are either out or injured

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Sorry that OSU doesn't recruit durable players who can show up and rise to the occasion on the biggest stage. Just because Bama is rising up, especially Smith, and OSU isn't shows me what I need to know. If Bama didn't gift OSU a turnover this one is ugly.

And if Fields and Sermon were healthy this game is 35-35 at half.

Just now, FrantikRam said:

Ah but see that's coming from the fan of an SEC team - the only thing I know about Alabama is that they beat up on the SEC and then when they play Ohio State or Clemson (teams closer to their talent level) they only win half the time or less.

Our defense has struggled all year I won't deny that - but it's just a shame that our two best offensive players are either out or injured

Okay? You'd still be losing in your scenario. Unless Ohio State steps up in the second half, what has become clear is that the National Championship Game was truly the SEC Championship Game this year.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How much has Fields hurt his draft stock tonight? 

None whatsoever. OSU could leak broken ribs and he’d still be a Top 3 pick.

10 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

OSU not being prepared for the big stage isn't new, they've been shut out in the playoffs before.

Congratulations on the win. Alabama is clearly the best team in the nation. Learn how to win. You had nothing to do with the outcome. Neither do any of us. Anyway, I’m going to bed. 

Just now, catcheryea said:

listening to david pollack talk about why bama is up 18 points at halftime of the national championship game is my personal hell

and it happens every other year

The problem is, his neck surgeon was my knee surgeon (I am 100% serious). So here we are after his career ending injury.

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

@RuskieTitan has Justin Fields peaked?

He hasn't won anything notable in college and I'm not aware of his HS accolades. That being said, its possible he has more postseason success in the NFL, so less likely his career has peaked. Lawrence just hit such heights his freshman year, and the expectations people had for him for the next two seasons... hard to say he lived up to those.