2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The main issue I have with Carr is we’ll have to give up picks to get him, he’s not a a FA.

And if Carr can go far in the playoffs and lead a team to the Super Bowl possibly why isn’t he doing that with the Raiders?

I think Carr is a good QB but he’s never wowed and looked like a Super Bowl type QB.

Raiders defense isn’t good. For sure have to see what it would cost. Just looking for options for us. 

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’ve explained why for a long time that keeping Alex as bridge QB is a good idea and Alex showed last year why keeping him as a bridge QB is a good idea bc he led the team to a 5-1 record as a starter.. I can’t help that you don’t except my reasoning.

Also, has Rivera cut Alex Smith yet?

Don't you think if Rivera absolutely was going to move on from Alex - no matter what - that he would’ve cut Alex by now?

Yet... yep just checked... Alex is still on the roster.

Which tells me the only way Alex won’t be on the roster next year is if they trade for or sign a veteran who they view as a definite upgrade.

So you think we would have kept him on the roster if we won the Stafford sweepstakes?

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Golladay can’t stay healthy. Give me Godwin who’s younger & can play both in the slot and on the outside.

@turtle28 Golladay played in 5 games last season, but was healty the previous 2 seasons, one of which he made the pro bowl. I wouldn't quite call that not staying healthy. 

Edited by mike23md

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

@turtle28 Golladay played in 5 games last season, but was healty the previous 2 seasons, one of which he made the pro bowl. I wouldn't quite call that not staying healthy. 

Wasn’t he hurt thought in 2019 too? I remember an ankle or something. It just seems like every time I’m listening to NFL countdown or whatever the story is in regards to the Lions game is  about if Golladay will be able to play with his injury or not.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Wasn’t he hurt thought in 2019 too? I remember an ankle or something. It just seems like every time I’m listening to NFL countdown or whatever the story is in regards to the Lions game is  about if Golladay will be able to play with his injury or not.

No, he played in 16 games in 2019, 15 in 2018 and 11 in his rookies season. He made the pro bowl in 2019.