2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

If we are not going to get Deshaun Watson or trade up for a QB to be “our guy”, I think we should sign Jameis Winston and let him compete with Heinicke and Allen. I’d much rather prefer signing Jameis and having all of our picks compared to trading picks or assets for a guy like Carr or Darnold, who I don’t think are much better options than Jameis. 

2 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

If we are not going to get Deshaun Watson or trade up for a QB to be “our guy”, I think we should sign Jameis Winston and let him compete with Heinicke and Allen. I’d much rather prefer signing Jameis and having all of our picks compared to trading picks or assets for a guy like Carr or Darnold, who I don’t think are much better options than Jameis. 

I don’t think Rivera will be interested in signing or drafting another immature QB after what Rivera just went through w/ Haskins. I could be wrong, but that’s my hunch.

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think Rivera will be interested in signing or drafting another immature QB after what Rivera just went through w/ Haskins. I could be wrong, but that’s my hunch.

I agree 

We're going after a vet. Question is, who's it gonna be?

I know it's not popular opinion now, but something tells me it will be Aaron Rodgers.

I know there are rumblings of the Rams calling them before Stafford & the Packers said no....

But I got a sneaking suspicion, that the Rams should have been more patient & waited.

Because I think eventually, the Packers/Rodgers will decide it's best to move on....

And we will be the team to swoop in and get him.

I'm telling you guys...I truly believe we land Aaron Rodgers.

55 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I agree 

I know it's not popular opinion now, but something tells me it will be Aaron Rodgers.

I know there are rumblings of the Rams calling them before Stafford & the Packers said no....

But I got a sneaking suspicion, that the Rams should have been more patient & waited.

Because I think eventually, the Packers/Rodgers will decide it's best to move on....

I have to say your optimism is usually unparalleled. 

But. I don't see anyway that Green Bay lets Rodgers go. Its more likely that the coach is let go, but not Rodgers. 

And why would he want to come here? 

At this point I think the front office is likely to work on Kyle Allen and Tyler Heinecke moving forward with Alex Smith lasting out his contract. 

I don't like Jameis Winston or Sam Darnold. Personally, if QB is not on the draft list for this year, so be it. But that means, that someone is going to need to be a franchise guy. I believe that OT is a bigger need than anything at this moment. LT needs to be addressed. 

I'll be working and posting out my mock draft later today at thedraftzone.com

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mike23md said:

I have to say your optimism is usually unparalleled. 

But. I don't see anyway that Green Bay lets Rodgers go. Its more likely that the coach is let go, but not Rodgers. 

And why would he want to come here? 

At this point I think the front office is likely to work on Kyle Allen and Tyler Heinecke moving forward with Alex Smith lasting out his contract. 

I don't like Jameis Winston or Sam Darnold. Personally, if QB is not on the draft list for this year, so be it. But that means, that someone is going to need to be a franchise guy. I believe that OT is a bigger need than anything at this moment. LT needs to be addressed. 

I'll be working and posting out my mock draft later today at thedraftzone.com

Can't wait to see your mock, bud.

I got to work today, but I'll definitely check it out when I get home.

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

I agree 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c38de5d5932332f36 

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

O M G, I'd rather bring back Alex than sign him . He's done . !

I don’t think Cam is done. I think that McDaniels devised a Tim Tebow type offense - Especially in the redZone.

He’s not what I want but, I don’t think he’s done either. There’s a lot of reasons the Pats offense wasn’t good last year and most of them have nothing to do with Cam.

On 2/2/2021 at 8:30 PM, turtle28 said:

I’d still rather have Godwin, he’s younger and more versatile. 

I would take a shot at Golladay and draft a WR also. But he is not coming to Washington. I definitely think the Lions will franchise him.