2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The Eagles are not going to trade Wentz to WFT.  

Probably. If there are 5 options, we're #5. If there are 7, we're #7. 

I probably said the same thing about McNabb too though. 

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Yeah, I agree with you. I was mostly just acting out because of my annoyance about the offer that Chicago has supposedly made. The Rams have to give up a 1st to dump Jared Goff and his bad contract, but our division rival is somehow going to receive a 1st for Wentz and his bad contract? That really chaps my ***. 

If they get to the desperation point, I’d gladly take Wentz off their hands and see what we can do with him. But I’m sure they wouldn’t just dump him to a division rival — they’d have to be able to get somebody to take on that contract for a low pick cost (IND, NE, CHI obviously). 

I agree. What if we have up our 2021 2nd? And then a conditional 2022 3rd that could become another 2nd or 1st? Who knows? I'm just throwing pickles at the glass wall. 

29 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The Eagles are not going to trade Wentz to WFT.  

Yes this is super doubtful.  

For me the Wentz situation reeks of red flags and I am wary of him.  Indy needs a qb and Reich should know if Wentz is really problem or if this is just some stupid front office power struggle causing the issues.  If Wentz doesn't really have a red flag, Indy should be lining up to take him off Philly's hands.  If Indy doesn't want him, that tells me everything I need to know...stay away from him.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I agree. What if we have up our 2021 2nd? And then a conditional 2022 3rd that could become another 2nd or 1st? Who knows? I'm just throwing pickles at the glass wall. 

I mean I gotta say, Wentz for pick 51 would be on my list somewhere. Not at the top, but I wouldn’t totally rule it out. 

I was a really big fan of his. In fact, during his second season, I think I deemed him the most valuable asset in the league or the player atop my WFT wish list or something like that. I thought he was special, he just seemed to have that “it factor” where he would always make a play when they needed it. I thought the sky was the limit. And then the sky came crashing down all around him. I’ve just been so unimpressed with his accuracy since his knee injury (a weird correlation I can’t really explain, and which may not even exist) and I can’t say I’ve been impressed with some of the things you hear leaking out about him as a teammate/leader. 

The big concern I have about giving up a good pick and taking on that contract is that he’s clearly a guy who needs to be surrounded by a certain level of talent, especially on the OL, in order to succeed. Finally saddled with a bad OL, he went from fringe top 10 QB to literally unplayable. So the idea of giving up multiple avenues to raise your offensive talent level — both the pick and the massive cap space — makes it much tougher to figure out how you’ll build the kind of unit around him that he needs to succeed. 

Pick 51 would be the absolute most I would give up for him. I would not throw in any extras or bonus sweeteners. It would feel kinda weird giving up anything for the right to pay big money to a guy who just got benched for incompetence — but I’m a believer in the guy’s talent, I think he can still be salvaged. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

McNabb was a completely different situation.  HIs career was almost over, when the Eagles traded him they probably thought he had at most 2-3 years left.  Plus at that point McNabb had probably earned the right to have some say in where he went.  

With Wentz he's young enough and still has a high enough ceiling that if they traded him to us he could haunt them for the next decade.  I can't see them trading him to any NFC East team.  

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

McNabb was a completely different situation.  HIs career was almost over, when the Eagles traded him they probably thought he had at most 2-3 years left.  Plus at that point McNabb had probably earned the right to have some say in where he went.  

With Wentz he's young enough and still has a high enough ceiling that if they traded him to us he could haunt them for the next decade.  I can't see them trading him to any NFC East team.  

It's not apples to apples, you're right, except for I just didn't see it happening then either. 

I wouldn't give up a Hardee's Sausage biscuit, for Carson Wentz.

Don't want Carr either...

Or Darnold...

We need a QB that can move around the pocket & has some wheels when necessary like we saw with Heinicke. Specially, if we don't improve our O-line.

It's why Stafford & Rodgers were perfect for what we wanted to do.

Even though they're a bit older & a little slower than they once we're.

Can you imagine how bad the Chiefs would have got destroyed, had Mahommes not had wheels to escape?

And they were beat down 31-9.

It would have been worse than that...

We need a QB who can escape the pocket & pick up 1st downs.

If Haskins hadn't been slower than Doug Williams, he probably would still be on this team.

We need a QB who can use his arm & his legs to take over games.

Doesn't have to be great at either...

But good enough to extend drives, in either situation.

And right now, Heinicke is the only one on our roster who can do that.

3 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I wouldn't give up a Hardee's Sausage biscuit, for Carson Wentz.

Don't want Carr either...

Or Darnold...

We need a QB that can move around the pocket & has some wheels when necessary like we saw with Heinicke. Specially, if we don't improve our O-line.

It's why Stafford & Rodgers were perfect for what we wanted to do.

Even though they're a bit older & a little slower than they once we're.

Can you imagine how bad the Chiefs would have got destroyed, had Mahommes not had wheels to escape?

And they were beat down 31-9.

It would have been worse than that...

We need a QB who can escape the pocket & pick up 1st downs.

If Haskins hadn't been slower than Doug Williams, he probably would still be on this team.

We need a QB who can use his arm & his legs to take over games.

Doesn't have to be great at either...

But good enough to extend drives, in either situation.

And right now, Heinicke is the only one on our roster who can do that.

Ace, man, sometimes you're too all over the place. You literally just said two QBs that are mobile that you don't want and another (Stafford) who is one of the least. 

• Like 1

This isn’t free agency related but just saw that Orlando Brown wants out of Baltimore so he can play Left Tackle. 

The Ravens signed Stanley to a massive deal right before he got hurt and Brown played LT all year for the Ravens.

hes in the last year of his contract, anyone interested? 24 years old and was solid at LT.

i wonder if we could do a deal like Moses and our 2nd to grab him and switch Lucas to RT, all dependent on Brown signing a LT extension

33 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

This isn’t free agency related but just saw that Orlando Brown wants out of Baltimore so he can play Left Tackle. 

The Ravens signed Stanley to a massive deal right before he got hurt and Brown played LT all year for the Ravens.

hes in the last year of his contract, anyone interested? 24 years old and was solid at LT.

i wonder if we could do a deal like Moses and our 2nd to grab him and switch Lucas to RT, all dependent on Brown signing a LT extension

The Ravens won't be able to keep all of their Olineman - but someone told me earlier that the Skill set of Ravens lineman might not gel with our scheme....

I am not sure I agree. I would take him.

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

The Ravens won't be able to keep all of their Olineman - but someone told me earlier that the Skill set of Ravens lineman might not gel with our scheme....

I am not sure I agree. I would take him.

I wouldn't take him less because of scheme fit,more because of money fit,He's going to want toop tier LT money next year and will have all the leverge if you traded for him

• Like 1

Meh. This doesn’t move the needle except into mediocrity. I’d honestly rather see them trade for Sam Darnold or sign a free agent rather than trade for Carr. At least with Darnold you get the upside/potential. I wouldn’t trade a 1st for either guy though, that’s for sure.