Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

21 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Anyone see Patrick Storm drop some stuff last night on twitter? 

Like Joe Brady was the guy until he caught wind of the Watson situation.

And Amy Palvic(however you spell it) helped try and cover up some of the Watson stuff in the beginning.

Amy and Urban seem like a match made in heaven huh lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tab said:

do you think watson gets booed if he decides to play for us this year? 

There seems a darn-near 0% chance this happens, though. They probably already have a deal in place, based on how Watson's legal/suspension issues play out. I am still guessing Denver, maybe Washington, though a lot of folks want to put him on Carolina.

Edited by NudeTayne

On 5/27/2021 at 5:36 AM, ET80 said:

I believe there's cap implications to this too, but I'm not a cap expert. I'll check around, see if I can find anyone who can speak to this.

My recollection is that there is a cap scenario that plays into this, one that benefits the Texans - not sure if the case study was Michael Vick or Zeke, but I'll share more.

Dillon is right, if his guarantees get wiped out you can cut him with no consequence. You still have the signing bonus proration that will get accelerated and will count against the cap, but thats money that is already paid. 

Its not really worth discussing beyond this because there is 0% chance they cut him rather than trade him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

There seems a darn-near 0% chance this happens, though. They probably already have a deal in place, based on how Watson's legal/suspension issues play out. I am still guessing Denver, maybe Washington, though a lot of folks want to put him on Carolina.

I doubt it gets resolved before the start of the season

I suspect the commissioner is gonna screw over the Texans by placing him on the exempt list and we will have to both pay him and not be able to trade him. 

I am genuinely curious to know if these two things are related. He had to have known the legal trouble was coming. I wonder if he thought getting out of town was the answer or if the two things are not related. 

25 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He'll fake an injury and force the Texans to send him home...

yeah or be a distraction so they trade him or ask him to leave and he wont get fined. 

If im the texans,  im putting him at 3rd on the depth chart and making him sit through it all. 

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

if he can get that he would be the best GM in Houston sports history lol

Well, let's be real - he's gotta do something with those picks to get that title. Drafting a bunch of N'Keal Harry or Sony Michel-type players (guys who Caserio had a hand in drafting) would be a disaster.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Well, let's be real - he's gotta do something with those picks to get that title. Drafting a bunch of N'Keal Harry or Sony Michel-type players (guys who Caserio had a hand in drafting) would be a disaster.

Hell if he can Rick Smith it and mostly hit on the 1st rounders, we would be okay

18 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Hell if he can Rick Smith it and mostly hit on the 1st rounders, we would be okay

In hindsight, I think I really undervalued Smith's ability to do that. Hitting on 5 FRPs in a 10 year period is great, Smith hit on eight. It's easier to name who he missed on (Okoye, Kevin Johnson).

For example - we kill him for his 2013 draft for bombing out on pretty much every pick after 1.27, but don't acknowledge he landed perhaps the only HoF-calibur player from that first round, DeAndre Hopkins. The high water marks in that round are Xavier Rhodes and Lane Johnson, Hopkins is perhaps the best player in that entire draft (either him or Travis Kelce).

Not that Smith didn't have major flaws or should have been kept around - but he built up a top heavy team that could compete on a high level.

• Like 1

I think a Deshaun trade is going to come down to Denver, Miami, or Philly (I know... duuhhh)

First draft capital (only focusing on 1st & 2nd rounders)...

- PHI advantage PHI

+ 2022 1st: MIA + PHI // 2023: own

+ 2022 2nd: own + conditional IND

- MIA 

+ 2022 1st: SF  // 2023: SF + own

+ 2022 2nd: own

- DEN

+ 2022 1st: own // 2023: own

+ 2023 2nd: own 

Players (who could possibly be included)

PHI: QB Jalen Hurts; TE Zach Ertz; DL Milton Williams (I would ask for him) 

MIA: QB Tua Tagovailoa; CB Xavien Howard) Advantage MIA

DEN: QB Teddy Bridgewater or Drew Lock; RB Mike Boone; WR Tyrie Cleveland)

Personally (pains me to say this)... I could see a deal with Philly (it gets him out of AFC and to 1 of 2 teams the Texans have NEVER beaten :( )

DW4 + Whitney Mercilus (if allowed under the cap rules)  to PHI for PHI 2022 1st + MIA 2022 1st + PHI 2022 2nd + conditional IND 2022 2nd + 2023 1st + 2024 2nd + QB Jalen Hurts + DL Milton Williams.

That wouldn't be a bad haul... and we could root hard against Miami and Philly... lol