2020 Divisional - 6) LA Rams @ 1) GB Packers

notthatbluestuff

2020 Divisional - LA Rams @ GB Packers  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Los Angeles Rams
    • Green Bay Packers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/16/2021 at 09:35 PM

2 hours ago, waterfish_21 said:

Fun game Rams fans.  I wonder what surgery Donald will have in the offseason, or what comes out in time, he didn't look right.  Also Love the shot of him crying at the end, if you're not crying, you probably don't care enough.  

Worth pointing out, Louis Murphy (if you ask "Who?" because the guy was a never-was for the most part after he left Meyer's Florida program and went to the Raiders) was talking smack on Donald on Twitter post-game, accusing him of "quitting" and saying how he has "no respect for quitters."  Some people, I swear...

3 hours ago, DannyB said:

yeah, but I mean I think that's what most people are saying. It's been an impressive game from a guy who is definitely hurt. I mean they probably hoped to get past 20, but really its their defense that let them down. He wasn't great or anything, but Goff was commendable with what they asked him to do.

I've learned there's no point in arguing with Goff's detractors; they either enjoy trolling too much to ever relinquish any ground ever because it deprives them of the opportunity to troll or they just plain aren't interested in acknowledging context period (which, at least I've noticed on case-by-case bases, is a regular theme among the individual doing the criticizing's analyses).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I've learned there's no point in arguing with Goff's detractors; they either enjoy trolling too much to ever relinquish any ground ever because it deprives them of the opportunity to troll or they just plain aren't interested in acknowledging context period (which, at least I've noticed on case-by-case bases, is a regular theme among the individual doing the criticizing's analyses).

Oh believe me, many would classify me as a Goff detractor. I don't think he's a particularly good quarterback, I think the Rams made a mistake paying him, I think the should try to improve. But I also think I'm pretty fair with him, I just try to call it like I see it.

5 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Oh believe me, many would classify me as a Goff detractor. I don't think he's a particularly good quarterback, I think the Rams made a mistake paying him, I think the should try to improve. But I also think I'm pretty fair with him, I just try to call it like I see it.

He's an average QB - but then so are, conservatively speaking, 60-70% of starting QB's in this league.  And by average I mean "starter-capable, but are largely going to succeed or fail situationally, subjective to the circumstances around them."  Our interior OL does him no favors at all and I think his psyche is/was rattled going from a Top-3 OL in the league in the season where he broke out and started receiving huge amounts of praise to an OL that, in terms of protection it actually afforded him, was only not bottom 5 in the league in the span of 2 years, because there were lines out there getting QB's like Deshaun Watson sacked to the point of a punctured lung (and he still was finding success in spite of them, so people irrationally held it against players like Goff that they didn't also).  Goff is a traditional pocket passer and this team has not done a good job of giving him a consistent pocket since the season of the Super Bowl run.

5 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

I remember there was a Steelers WR who had a case of the dropsies. In a key game late in the season he dropped a ball and just layed on the ground. The trainers had to come out and attend to him and i think it cost the Steelers a TO too. I think he was faking it because of embarassment but it didnt fool anyone. I believe this was around 2008-2010 

Davante Adams had the drops early in his career in GB too but he never did anything like that. 

5 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

Idk, not like the Rams played really well and it wasn’t really a blowout.

If it’s Saints v GB next week I think homefield is huge with Brees outdoors in the cold.

I believe the Rams really missed not having their best player in there creating havoc.  Without #99 they just aren't the same defense.

11 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

I wasn’t saying it was the Rams game to lose or GB got lucky, just that the players would rue those missed opportunities.

There are opportunities every play.

The missed interceptions cost the Rams 3 points. The Fumble Recovery is unlucky but its not really a missed opportunity.  

Wasn't really an 'if only' kind of game.  They were just outplayed. 

7 hours ago, Pugger said:

I believe the Rams really missed not having their best player in there creating havoc.  Without #99 they just aren't the same defense.

I think this line of thinking is also doing a disservice to just how good the Packers played. Aaron Donald certainly made a difference but that defense still has an extremely strong secondary and a pretty stout D line even without Donald 100% and the Packers just owned the LOS as well as making plays against a secondary thats better then just Ramsey. It was a truly impressive performance.