Divisional Round GDT: Ravens at Bills

SalvadorsDeli

1 hour ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Bro our passing concepts look like my highschool team back in the day, and we ran the double wing! 

We need something. Anything. To juice this passing game. 

And Decosta's gotta open the wallet a bit and spend on offence. This isn't 2000 anymore you need weapons and an elite offensive line.  

the cap might be $23 million lower than 2020 so I'm not sure he can spend even if he wanted to

Another positive to take away from the loss-

In 3 Playoff games, Marquise Brown has 18 catches for 322 yards. He hit a bit of a sophomore slump in 2020, but I still believe Hollywood is supremely talented and has the ability to emerge as he best receiver from his class.

The chemistry with Lamar is there and will only grow. I think he learned a valuable lesson this year after his now infamous 'Soulja' comments too, and should be stronger mentally going forward. 

He and Andrews are the building blocks of this offensive core we need to flesh out, along with Dobbins.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Yannick playing 20 snaps. What a bust of a trade. 

Yeah what’s everyone’s feelings on DeCosta right now? I think most people here know how I feel about it but just in case you don’t, I’m not a fan of what I’ve seen. Just wondering if anyone feels any different about the topic than when I brought it up last summer.

10 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Yeah what’s everyone’s feelings on DeCosta right now? I think most people here know how I feel about it but just in case you don’t, I’m not a fan of what I’ve seen. Just wondering if anyone feels any different about the topic than when I brought it up last summer.

EDC bolstering our defensive line literally won us a playoff game...

The Yannick trade I feel like was a head scratcher because it doesn't seem like Wink wanted to even use him - he felt comfortable with the EDGE guys we have. Maybe next year will be more telling, or maybe we'll let him walk, and in that case I do feel like it was a huge bust of a trade.

Frustrating loss but at the end of the day we’re one of 3 teams in the league who’s made the divisional round of the playoffs the past 2 years and one of 4 teams who have been in the playoffs 3 straight years. As currently constructed this team will continue to win a lot of games every year. 2 missed FGs and a pick 6 down 10-3. We were close but just not good enough last night to overcome those things. We just need to execute better in the big moments plain and simple. Hopefully they make some tweaks this offseason to give us the best chance to do that next year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This is weak. You couldn't handle 6,700 fans???

Skura is gone, and Mekari while having shown some promise is nothing more than a backup OL piece with some upside and positional versatility. Still a great UDFA find, but not good enough to center our line going forward. 

• Like 1

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I want to see what TCC can do

2021 Preseason Games will be very unique/key for a guy like him and others. Has to compete against players from his class and our 2021 Rookie class for time, opportunity in those games, and roster spots.

It'll be like we had a 20+ plus member Rookie class with how many players we'll have getting their first ever snaps in those games. TCC has a leg up with his limited but somewhat promising 2020 regular season work though.

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

No.  

I don't remember what you problems you had listed in that thread, but outside of the Earl Thomas signing I can't think of too many things he's done that are objectively wrong.  Sure there are some things you could argue about (drafting Hollywood Brown as the 1st WR when 3 or 4 better WRs were drafted later, Tyre Phillips pick, allocating basically the FA budget on defense this last off-season), but I'm not sure that they aren't all things Ozzie wouldn't have done also

• Like 1