2020 AFC Championship - Buffalo Bills vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bills
    • Chiefs

This is a really hard game to predict because we do not know exactly if Mahomes will be 100% or if he will be playing at all. Remember, even before the concussion/stinger in his neck that he was limping all around the field from an earlier play.

I'll go with the Chiefs mainly because despite winning, the Bills haven't really impressed me in either game this postseason. But if Mahomes is not playing or is playing at less than 100% I won't be totally shocked if Buffalo pulls it out.

On 1/18/2021 at 4:24 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Should be a great game. Can’t speak for the Chiefs but the Bills are a totally different team from the first time they met. 4 starters were out, including Matt Milano, and 3 starters were playing banged up, including Josh Allen. 

Early weather reports looks to be calling for rain? Not ideal for a team that doesn’t run well.

Neither team has been running well lately. 

Is Clyde Edwards-Helaire supposed to be back?

9 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

This is a really hard game to predict because we do not know exactly if Mahomes will be 100% or if he will be playing at all. Remember, even before the concussion/stinger in his neck that he was limping all around the field from an earlier play.

I'll go with the Chiefs mainly because despite winning, the Bills haven't really impressed me in either game this postseason. But if Mahomes is not playing or is playing at less than 100% I won't be totally shocked if Buffalo pulls it out.

I think that's the reason to be optimistic for Bills fans. We haven't even played our best ball and beat an 11-5 colts team and a 12-5 ravens team; just finding ways to win. He hasn't really "took over a game" like he did throughout the season so I think that performance is coming here. He's done it to the Rams, Chargers, 49ers, Steelers and Dolphins D's so I think it's possible vs. the Chiefs; and I see a 300+ yard, 4 Total TD game. 

19 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Wow.  That's true.  GB has the smallest market in the league.  I wonder how Webby was able to get such a foothold there.  It would be great if we could get even more fans in here from some of the other fan bases.

They probably all know each other off forum, and/or are each others cousins.

3 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

I think that's the reason to be optimistic for Bills fans. We haven't even played our best ball and beat an 11-5 colts team and a 12-5 ravens team; just finding ways to win. He hasn't really "took over a game" like he did throughout the season so I think that performance is coming here. He's done it to the Rams, Chargers, 49ers, Steelers and Dolphins D's so I think it's possible vs. the Chiefs; and I see a 300+ yard, 4 Total TD game. 

If you’re the Chiefs,   That’s what people use against you.   Well they aren’t playing great and barely winning.  

I agree though,  both teams are found ways to win without playing their best. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Mahomes practiced fully today. Even if he had scrambled eggs as a brain there is no way the Chiefs/league would let him sit on the sideline. 

A little misleading, today was a light day according to Andy and being that Pat is in the protocol he's unable to do more than what is allowed through that process.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

A little misleading, today was a light day according to Andy and being that Pat is in the protocol he's unable to do more than what is allowed through that process.

Not like we are out here running full pads, lighting guys up, this time of year anyways.  

Nice to get his heart rate up and see what happens. 

• Like 1

I am getting way too excited for this game. The history alone of hosting 3 AFC Championships in a row, something that has never been done. Maybe I am spoiled now, since my team is good again... The heart of the KC Chiefs is much greater than I think most people realize. Before the year started KC players were posting all over social media about that #RunItBack... They better back it up... On page 1 I said they win by 21 with Mahomes playing, let's go with 28. 

Edited by HolmesPriest
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, HolmesPriest said:

I am getting way too excited for this game. The history alone of hosting 3 AFC Championships in a row, something that has never been done. Maybe I am spoiled now, since my team is good again... The heart of the KC Chiefs is much greater than I think most people realize. Before the year started KC players were posting all over social media about that #RunItBack... They better back it up... On page 1 I said they win by 21 with Mahomes playing, let's go with 28. 

I guess the Bills shouldn’t even show up then. We’re not good enough to share the same field as the almighty Chiefs apparently ha.

I feel like it doesn't matter what happens with Mahomes. If he plays and we win, the narrative from the media and Chiefs fans will be that we won because Mahomes wasn't 100%. If he doesn't play then the narrative will be that we got a free pass to the SB. If we lose with Mahomes playing we will get the crowd that says we couldn't beat a hobbled Chiefs team. And if we lose to Chad Henne we will get buried by the media pundits. In the end it’s survive and advance. Go Bills!

Edited by Billsfaninptown

33 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I guess the Bills shouldn’t even show up then. We’re not good enough to share the same field as the almighty Chiefs apparently ha.

I feel like it doesn't matter what happens with Mahomes. If he plays and we win, the narrative from the media and Chiefs fans will be that we won because Mahomes wasn't 100%. If he doesn't play then the narrative will be that we got a free pass to the SB. If we lose with Mahomes playing we will get the crowd that says we couldn't beat a hobbled Chiefs team. And if we lose to Chad Henne we will get buried by the media pundits. In the end it’s survive and advance. Go Bills!

My question to you then is: who TF cares?!

People are too hyper focused on narratives now a days. When the Chiefs won the Ship last year it didn't matter, to me, what it looked like the only thing that matters is the win.

On 1/19/2021 at 3:12 PM, Uncle Buck said:

How come the NFC's thread is twice as long when the AFC is going to win the Super Bowl? 

So without revealing too much I work for FOX, who has the NFC championship game. 

We’re expecting around 50 million viewers because of Brady vs Rodgers. 

Does not necessarily mean the teams are “better” though. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

He's going to play. Anything else is just wishful thinking or smoke and mirrors coming out of KC.

We're also getting Watkins and CEH back. I'd put the Bills odds of winning this game at less than zero percent.