2020 AFC Championship - Buffalo Bills vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bills
    • Chiefs

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

The Bills have had a good run. We're all proud of the Bills. But Mahomeboy has unfinished business against one Tom Brady. And there's no Dee Ford to bail his *** out this time.

Im sorry but if anyone has some business to take care of against Brady it aint Mahomes. Its the team that has gotten embarrassed against him twice a year for 18 years. Its the team whose stadium has more wins in it by Brady then any other starting QB in recent memory... (well before Josh Allen who recently passed him)... this Bills are just craving a chance to go down to Bradys stadium and give him a taste of his own medicine.

Already got some revenge on Patriots... now its time for Brady/Gronk.

Edited by Kmart128
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I guess the Bills shouldn’t even show up then. We’re not good enough to share the same field as the almighty Chiefs apparently ha.

I feel like it doesn't matter what happens with Mahomes. If he plays and we win, the narrative from the media and Chiefs fans will be that we won because Mahomes wasn't 100%. If he doesn't play then the narrative will be that we got a free pass to the SB. If we lose with Mahomes playing we will get the crowd that says we couldn't beat a hobbled Chiefs team. And if we lose to Chad Henne we will get buried by the media pundits. In the end it’s survive and advance. Go Bills!

Welcome to the playoffs.

We only won due to SF not being aggressive enough before half time

Pats only won because of calls or Dee Ford or the Tuck Rule or McNabb was sick etc

Eagles won because of a blown catch call

Giants won because they got away with holding

etc

If Mahomes plays and Buf win, I'll tip my hat. You'd be the best team in the league

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 6:12 PM, Uncle Buck said:

How come the NFC's thread is twice as long when the AFC is going to win the Super Bowl? 

Because "US" (Bills fans) do not need/feel that it is necessary to come in here and try to talk smack or troll KC fans in any way. We just want a good game and hope the bills come out on top. We do not need to debate about past games whether it was Week 5 of this year or the last time we have faced them in the post season AFCCG in 1993. We just enjoying the week and looking forward to the game on Sunday. 

• Like 2

On 1/20/2021 at 3:01 AM, Bolts223 said:

Neither team has been running well lately. 

Is Clyde Edwards-Helaire supposed to be back?

Bills faced the Colts who were ranked 2nd against the run and Baltimore who was 7th against the run (1 and 2 in the AFC) I think that is the reason why the bills have struggled more so then they usually do against the run. Daboll went with what he felt is the opponents weakness and the strength of the bills o which was the passing. The one thing I do like about Daboll is he manages to adapt to the opponents defense. One week he pounded Pats with the run game as their D struggled against the run while the next week they faced Seattle and knew their pass d was weak and picked the DBs apart. So I expect a more balanced attack against KC as they are middle of the pack against the run and the pass this year. 

As for Chiefs I saw CEH was limited in practice yesterday but I am sure he will be playing this week. Probably be limited to full today.

20 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Because "US" (Bills fans) do not need/feel that it is necessary to come in here and try to talk smack or troll KC fans in any way. We just want a good game and hope the bills come out on top. We do not need to debate about past games whether it was Week 5 of this year or the last time we have faced them in the post season AFCCG in 1993. We just enjoying the week and looking forward to the game on Sunday. 

Right back at you.    I've been in a weird spot where I typically can't stand who we play in the playoffs,   but Bills/Browns.... Honestly if we weren't here,  I'd be cheering for either one of you.    

• Like 3

No disrespect to KC, but you got yours last year. Buffalo fans have been waiting so long that I'd love to see them win it all, and if not them, then Green Bay. Basically, my "who I'm for to win it all", goes in order, as follows:

1. Buffalo

2. Green Bay

3. Kansas City

4. Not Tampa Bay

6 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Wtf?? That's pathetic 😂

If that's true, your revenge is no where near complete

Yup Allen just got his 17th win in Orchard Park... 

And since 2000 Brady has 15 wins and Fitzpatrick has 14 wins. Brady is 5th on all time win lost there. 

21 hours ago, samsel23 said:

If you’re the Chiefs,   That’s what people use against you.   Well they aren’t playing great and barely winning.  

I agree though,  both teams are found ways to win without playing their best. 

Yep I agree to an extent. The only difference is :

The Chiefs have been barely winning games most of the season and "not playing great".

The Bills the last 7-8 weeks of the season were blowing people out by double digit average. 

2 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Yep I agree to an extent. The only difference is :

The Chiefs have been barely winning games most of the season and "not playing great".

The Bills the last 7-8 weeks of the season were blowing people out by double digit average. 

The final outcomes have been close,  but a lot of these “close” games we held 2 possession leads  and just coasted once we got it.   Tampa Bay and Miami both were close at the end,     But we controlled the game. 

I don’t want to call it prevent,  but the defenses mentality shifted from “get off the field”,  to “they can score but it’s going to chew up 7-8 Min of clock”.    

Not that I agree with it.  Just saying a lot of these close games,   We shifted from blowing them out... to more of a don’t blow it mentality.  Which can definitely come back to hurt us.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

The final outcomes have been close,  but a lot of these “close” games we held 2 possession leads  and just coasted once we got it.   Tampa Bay and Miami both were close at the end,     But we controlled the game. 

I don’t want to call it prevent,  but the defenses mentality shifted from “get off the field”,  to “they can score but it’s going to chew up 7-8 Min of clock”.    

Not that I agree with it.  Just saying a lot of these close games,   We shifted from blowing them out... to more of a don’t blow it mentality.  Which can definitely come back to hurt us.  

Like against Atlanta, when they stormed out to that 7-0 lead and then the defense really let the foot off the gas.

...Or Denver, where it was a 3 point game until literally the last minute of the game.

...Or Carolina, where the defense really let the foot of the gas big time, by letting the Panthers jumpout to an early lead, and then it was one-score game for literally the entire second half.

...Or Oakland, where you needed a miracle drive to take the lead after your defense gave up a TD late in the 4th.

Kansas City gets credit for winning the most games, that's why they get the bye and to play at home. But don't re-write history and say to  "yeah they looked like close games but they were in control the whole time". They're the best team in the AFC talentwise, no question, but for large stretches of the second half of the season they didn't play like it, and they looked thoroughly beatable.

Not saying the Bills will win, obviously Chiefs are favourites, it just bugs me when people re-write history.

7 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Like against Atlanta, when they stormed out to that 7-0 lead and then the defense really let the foot off the gas.

...Or Denver, where it was a 3 point game until literally the last minute of the game.

...Or Carolina, where the defense really let the foot of the gas big time, by letting the Panthers jumpout to an early lead, and then it was one-score game for literally the entire second half.

...Or Oakland, where you needed a miracle drive to take the lead after your defense gave up a TD late in the 4th.

Kansas City gets credit for winning the most games, that's why they get the bye and to play at home. But don't re-write history and say to  "yeah they looked like close games but they were in control the whole time". They're the best team in the AFC talentwise, no question, but for large stretches of the second half of the season they didn't play like it, and they looked thoroughly beatable.

Not saying the Bills will win, obviously Chiefs are favourites, it just bugs me when people re-write history.

It is just as misleading for you to mention only the games that were genuinely close, as it is for someone else to mention only the games that were not.

14 point lead in the 4th over New Orleans. 20 point lead in the 4th over Miami. 17 point lead in the 4th over Tampa. And then you're flat out wrong when it comes to Carolina. It was a two possession game most of the 4th quarter. 9 points, but still, two possessions. And that's 4 of the games out of the 7 one possession wins everyone freaked out about, where we had a two score lead in the 4th.

He never said none of the games were close. Sure, some of them were. Especially the divisional ones. But some of them absolutely were what he says they were. Games we controlled, against very good teams mind you, and then cruised to a finish as the clock sealed the deal. Atlanta was the worst our team has played in years, and Denver and Vegas were tight divisional games. Those were the three legitimately contentious ones. I'll give you those. But in the end, we're talking about 7 close games down the stretch, and in 4 of them, we held a 2 possession lead with less than 5 minutes to go in the game. Tampa, Miami, New Orleans, they narrowed it to one score and then never got the ball back. Never had the chance to drive to win the game. Carolina did but oh boy did they fail. That is absolutely enough to challenge the narrative that we scraped by and played down and did nothing but barely win close games the second half of the season.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Will give you Atlanta and Denver.  We were trash both games. 

Judge Oakland however you want,  they are a good football team that plays us like it’s their playoffs.  Very rarely do you see a divisional game as a blowout unless one team is trash. 

Carolina.. I’ll might give you as we couldn’t get off the field..   we didn’t play bad this game though...  Carolina had a ton of things go their way...  100% on 4th down,  converted a fake punt, recovered an onside.  2:1 TOP swing,  won the turnover battle,  and out gained us in yards.      They did everything to keep our defense on the field,  and the defense was not good this game.   The offense on the other hand, showed it could take it to another level when it needed