NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

Early in the season. But they were up 13-0 to nick foles and the Bears lost. They're far from invincible that some think they are.

Buccaneers vs. Bears Week 5 Highlights | NFL 2020 - YouTube

Week 9 smoked 39-3 at Home by Brees old *** 

Saints vs. Buccaneers Week 9 Highlights | NFL 2020 - YouTube

Edited by Arthur Penske

58 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Honestly, I don't see the Bucs scoring more than 23, nothing about their offense impressed me. Aaron Rodgers and this offense isn't turning the ball over 4 times, 2 of those starting inside the redzone for Tampa last game. If our defense wasn't playing the way they have been, I'd say yes the Bucs score 30 or more. Combined with the cold and possibly snow, I don't see the Bucs WRs having big days. We stop Ronald Jones/Fournette, I got a feeling we are celebrating a trip to Tampa. 

GB 33

TB 23

Man I wish I had y'all's confidence. They have a good line and a quality 1/2 RB duo - my faith in Pettine stopping them is middling at best. If they start to mash with those two, and A-rod sits sideline it's gonna be a problem. Plus I'm still not sure we've figured out how to stop Brate/Gronk. Package that all up with TB12 pulling the stings...I'm not saying for sure it'll happen but I'm not confident saying they can't hang 30 even without turnovers

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

He’s not going to be at 90% in the unlikely event he plays. That’s the point 

I didn't realize you were either Vita Vea or a physician directly involved in his surgery/recovery.

We don't know one way or the other.  So let's not pretend like we do.

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I didn't realize you were either Vita Vea or a physician directly involved in his surgery/recovery.

Like blindly claiming he's "90%" after being eligible to practice once? 

Vita Vea Designated To Return Off Injured Reserve, Unlikely To Play In NFC Championship

Vita Vea was activated and is available to practice after his stint on Injured Reserve. This brings hope for a possible return this season, as he had an ankle fracture dislocation in October. Although it is good to see his practice window opened up, it would be unrealistic to think that he could play in the NFC Championship game. If the Bucs can beat the Packers, and move on to the Super Bowl, it then might be possible for him to be activated and to contribute on a limited basis. Steve McLendon will still be taking the bulk of the snaps, but any help from Vea would be welcomed.

Pro Football Doc 

8 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Pretty sure how long it takes broken bones to heal is a pretty universally shared knowledge at this point and not something exclusive to Vita Vea.

Also pretty common knowledge is that a 300+ pound player that hasn't played football for 3-4 months is not going to stroll into the building and play 50 snaps after 3 practices.

Vea may but active, but it'll be as a decoy.

3 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Even if he can only play 50% of the snaps at 90% of his normal ability, I am concerned.  He is an absolute beast.

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Like blindly claiming he's "90%" after being eligible to practice once? 

Vita Vea Designated To Return Off Injured Reserve, Unlikely To Play In NFC Championship

Vita Vea was activated and is available to practice after his stint on Injured Reserve. This brings hope for a possible return this season, as he had an ankle fracture dislocation in October. Although it is good to see his practice window opened up, it would be unrealistic to think that he could play in the NFC Championship game. If the Bucs can beat the Packers, and move on to the Super Bowl, it then might be possible for him to be activated and to contribute on a limited basis. Steve McLendon will still be taking the bulk of the snaps, but any help from Vea would be welcomed.

Pro Football Doc 

Thats not what I said at all.  I said if he could play at 90% I'd be concerned.  

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Pretty sure how long it takes broken bones to heal is a pretty universally shared knowledge at this point and not something exclusive to Vita Vea.

Also pretty common knowledge is that a 300+ pound player that hasn't played football for 3-4 months is not going to stroll into the building and play 50 snaps after 3 practices.

Vea may but active, but it'll be as a decoy.

This is also not what I said.  I said 50%. 

Do I think it likely he is at 90%?  No.  Do i hope he is very rusty?  Yes.  It is possible he is some freak of nature and ready to go?  Also yes.

Bottom line is we don't know until he gets out there.

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

The recurring use of the Jones-Dillon backfield was really interesting, and as the video reflects, it worked really well.  That's certainly got to be something Tampa will be looking at stopping.   I imagine that set has a lot of capacity for blitz pickup, too.  Two guys available.  

With the backs swung out wide, I don't imagine that gives them tons of vertical momentum upon handoff?  

May just be a matchup set that was geared for LA's defense?  I wonder if it will be effective versus Tampa, or will get used?  Obviously usage might depend on whether Dillon is fully available, both for Sunday and for practice.  

6 minutes ago, ajdodge09 said:

Anyone think we'll get more of Preston and Gary rushing on the edges and Kenny and Z trying to collapse the middle? I think getting pressure on the interior O-line is going to be essential this game, Brady hates pressure in his face.

nah, we will get preston in coverage :)