Goff’s future with the Rams

RamRod

8 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Was he mobile back then?

Because if Mcvay wants a mobile QB, why did he sign Goff to an extension in the first place? 

Hey man, you're right. It was a bad extension. What can I say. Thankfully they're looking to correct their mistakes and instead of compounding them (like Gurley and Cooks)

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

Hey man, you're right. It was a bad extension. What can I say. Thankfully they're looking to correct their mistakes and instead of compounding them (like Gurley and Cooks)

So you're saying Mcvay is an idiot who extended a QB that never fit his system? 

16 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Goff has regressed significantly since 2018. When he signed that extension. 

Man that was hard. 

He actually hasn’t. He’s the same QB. But keep running that party line.

But once again, you stated McVay wants a running QB for his system, not that he needs a better QB. So try this one again, probably can’t because you mousetrapped yourself 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

If this was a bad extension, and say the do trade him, that would mean they are 2/4 on the biggest contracts they give out. And the 2 misses will have never played a SINGLE DOWN under the extensions given. 

But sure, they are infallible 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

He actually hasn’t. He’s the same QB. But keep running that party line.

But once again, you stated McVay wants a running QB for his system, not that he needs a better QB. So try this one again, probably can’t because you mousetrapped yourself 

Actually, he has. His Int% has increased since 2018. His TD% has decreased in both seasons since 2018. His QBR has decreased since 2018. His rating has decreased significantly since 2018. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GoffJa00.htm

Goff is playing worse and can't do what McVay wants to do. 

6 minutes ago, JonStark said:

So you're saying Mcvay is an idiot who extended a QB that never fit his system? 

Let's lump Snead in there too. They did the same thing with Brandin Cooks and Todd Gurley. BB set the playbook on how to stop McVay's 11 personnel offense in the SuperBowl. Flores did it again this season. It's been figured out. Now it's time to pivot to something else that will be more successful. Scheme's evolve over time.

Edited by BStanRamFan

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

If this was a bad extension, and say the do trade him, that would mean they are 2/4 on the biggest contracts they give out. And the 2 misses will have never played a SINGLE DOWN under the extensions given. 

But sure, they are infallible 

Yeah man I actually agree with you. They're bad extensions. It was the wrong decision. McVay gives his input and I'm sure pushed for them, but Snead is in the driver seat on contracts. Instead of moving forward with something they believe will no longer work, they're pivoting to making a change. The alternative is compounding your mistakes. That's how you lose a lockerroom which would be a 100x worse alternative. 

5 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Goff is playing worse and can't do what McVay wants to do

He’s still the SAME QB. He didn’t lose the ability to run or throw a deep ball or take a snap. And McVay picked him, all AFTER Bill picked apart his offense

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

That's how you lose a lockerroom which would be a 100x worse alternative. 

lose a locker room? The guy is 19-14 in his “regression” years. Including a road playoff win. 

If that loses a locker room, then we either have a garbage locker room, or a Head Coach who commands no respect. Or both.

Just keep digging this hole man

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

How about the obvious missed TD throw to Woods? Where a semi competent passer throws it up the field for an easy walk in,  it he threw sideline and made it a contested catch against a LB. 

Let’s keep cherry picking plays because I know from watching it many times I’ll come out on top here. In just over a game of action he has had 3/4 nice good throws, with just as many (more actually) bad ones. Al,so tall of his completions were to wide open receivers

Yes we can also do the same thing with Goofy. 

17 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Let's lump Snead in there too. They did the same thing with Brandin Cooks and Todd Gurley. BB set the playbook on how to stop McVay's 11 personnel offense in the SuperBowl. Flores did it again this season. It's been figured out. Now it's time to pivot to something else that will be more successful. Scheme's evolve over time.

Why can't you put anything on Mcvay? You literally do what you accuse the pro-Goff posters of doing, except with Mcvay. 

Snead would not have extended a guy at the QB position without Mcvay's approval. Hell, Mcvay even said that he only signed his extension after they assured him that Goff would get his next. Mcvay wanted Goff, so stop trying to act like that isn't the case.

Mcvay wanted Goff, who was just as immobile two years ago as he is now. So either Mcvay is an idiot for wanting to extend a guy that doesn't fit his system or this whole "he wants a mobile QB" is just some storyline that fans have cooked up to try to justify making a move that they want to. 

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

He’s still the SAME QB. He didn’t lose the ability to run or throw a deep ball or take a snap. And McVay picked him, all AFTER Bill picked apart his offense

lose a locker room? The guy is 19-14 in his “regression” years. Including a road playoff win. 

If that loses a locker room, then we either have a garbage locker room, or a Head Coach who commands no respect. Or both.

Just keep digging this hole man

https://www.therams.com/video/reviewing-rams-2020-season-between-the-horns<---give this a listen. Go to min 11. "If you don't match your pay, you can ruin a lockerroom." "They did a good job of keeping that lockerroom together, but it's going to be hard if Jared continues to not play well".

LMFAO There's no hole man.I just don't live in your delusion. The writing is on the wall for Goff, whether you want to read it or not is up to you. 

Regardless of these arguments where you guys keep shooting yourselves in the foot, I’d imagine you’d have to agree that the only way we should be moving on from Goff right now is if it’s for an Upgrade right? I need to hear that from you all, because if not.....

And right now, of the options that can even be considered upgrades there are like 4 total, and 2 of them are so far beyond pipedream I don’t know why I’m even going to mention them;

1. Trevor Lawrence - I mean it’s just not happening in any reality

2. Aaron Rodgers - He’s pretty much winked at the camera since his post game presser and confirmed he’s not going anywhere this year

3. Deshawn Watson - No one is arguing he isn’t an upgrade, but we don’t seem to be high on his list (NYJ and MIA are) and we don’t have a quarter of the draft capital those teams do. 

4. Matt Stafford - this isn’t even a sure thing to be an upgrade, but I’ll give the benefit of the doubt for this exercise. And it sounds like a lot of teams are in on him, so will be tough to have the best package to offer. 

Who else is an upgrade on Goff right now that is actually available? Minshew isn’t, no way we can afford Dak with our cap situation, Jamies isn’t? Is there anyone other than the pipedreams that continued to be drooled over that would present an immediate upgrade? Because we are trying to win a Super Bowl right now aren’t we?

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

https://www.therams.com/video/reviewing-rams-2020-season-between-the-horns<---give this a listen. Go to min 11. "If you don't match your pay, you can ruin a lockerroom." "They did a good job of keeping that lockerroom together, but it's going to be hard if Jared continues to not play well".

LMFAO There's no hole man.I just don't live in your delusion. The writing is on the wall for Goff, whether you want to read it or not is up to you. 

I could not give that nonsense from MJD a bigger eyeroll. Once again, if that’s the attitude in the locker room, then you have a bad locker room from the jump. And a Coach who can’t handle it. We have been WINNING, no one cares when you’re winning. If we were going 4-12, or I’ll even give you 7-9 and missing the playoffs the MAYBE that line of thinking could be considered. So this is just more BS

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

I could not give that nonsense from MJD a bigger eyeroll. Once again, if that’s the attitude in the locker room, then you have a bad locker room from the jump. And a Coach who can’t handle it. We have been WINNING, no one cares when you’re winning. If we were going 4-12, or I’ll even give you 7-9 and missing the playoffs the MAYBE that line of thinking could be considered. So this is just more BS

LMFAO "An opinion different from mine? Why would I pay any attention to that? He's only a former NFL player thats been in a lockerroom before. How does he know more than me?" . Don't come at me saying I'm just giving my opinions because the examples I bring to the table are from Snead, McVay, Rapaport, Schrager, Wyche, and now MJD. You choose not to like them for obvious reasons. 

mr rogers clown GIF

Also, there is a new standard in this lockeroom and getting to the playoffs is no longer enough. Winning seasons are not enough. It's superbowl or bust. 

11 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Regardless of these arguments where you guys keep shooting yourselves in the foot, I’d imagine you’d have to agree that the only way we should be moving on from Goff right now is if it’s for an Upgrade right? I need to hear that from you all, because if not.....

And right now, of the options that can even be considered upgrades there are like 4 total, and 2 of them are so far beyond pipedream I don’t know why I’m even going to mention them;

1. Trevor Lawrence - I mean it’s just not happening in any reality

2. Aaron Rodgers - He’s pretty much winked at the camera since his post game presser and confirmed he’s not going anywhere this year

3. Deshawn Watson - No one is arguing he isn’t an upgrade, but we don’t seem to be high on his list (NYJ and MIA are) and we don’t have a quarter of the draft capital those teams do. 

4. Matt Stafford - this isn’t even a sure thing to be an upgrade, but I’ll give the benefit of the doubt for this exercise. And it sounds like a lot of teams are in on him, so will be tough to have the best package to offer. 

Who else is an upgrade on Goff right now that is actually available? Minshew isn’t, no way we can afford Dak with our cap situation, Jamies isn’t? Is there anyone other than the pipedreams that continued to be drooled over that would present an immediate upgrade? Because we are trying to win a Super Bowl right now aren’t we?

Is it that hard to consider Wolford as an upgrade ? 

39 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

BB set the playbook on how to stop McVay's 11 personnel offense in the SuperBowl. Flores did it again this season. It's been figured out. Now it's time to pivot to something else that will be more successful. Scheme's evolve over time.

Both did 100% stop the Rams but it was entirely different game plans. Belichick only did zero blitz once. Granted it was the Gilmore pick. Flores used it a ton.

• Like 1