Goff’s future with the Rams

RamRod

1 hour ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

oh please. goff is done with the rams.

Yeah, because Snead has always been so transparent with the media before a trade has been made. There's a reason most of our big trades haven't leaked until they have happened.

Not to mention, you think Snead is dumb enough to downtalk a guy he's trying to move? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Lol as insane and fun as that is, I think it’s safe to say Rodgers is staying right where he is after listening to him on the Pat McAfee show. I thought for sure he’d be a Niner if he goes anywhere so I actually hope he stays put.

Plot twist: would be even crazier if he went to the Patriots to work under Billy? 

Rodgers needs a real coach not a kid lol 

Edited by RamPackFan

After listening to Les Sneads presser, I’m almost certain Goff stays with the Rams next season. 

I think they are doing it on purpose to make him feel that his job is not safe. That way he works on his craft and improves. 

I personally think Goff has got too comfortable with no one breathing over his shoulder. 

I can see competition coming along and McVay not naming a starter until before the preseason so he can make sure Goff improves drastically. 

if Goff fails next season then he will most certainly be gone the year after 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

After listening to Les Sneads presser, I’m almost certain Goff stays with the Rams next season. 

I think they are doing it on purpose to make him feel that his job is not safe. That way he works on his craft and improves. 

I personally think Goff has got too comfortable with no one breathing over his shoulder. 

I can see competition coming along and McVay not naming a starter until before the preseason so he can make sure Goff improves drastically. 

if Goff fails next season then he will most certainly be gone the year after 

The only two things that make sense to me are motivation or them already having a deal in the works. Otherwise, what they're doing makes no sense.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

and here is ian joining the party.

Hahaha he literally didn’t say ANYTHING. He just regurgitated the same 4 things that have been said for the past 3 weeks. 

But sure, keep touting this as you proof of something. He thanks you for the clicks

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Hahaha he literally didn’t say ANYTHING. He just regurgitated the same 4 things that have been said for the past 3 weeks. 

But sure, keep touting this as you proof of something. He thanks you for the clicks

Why do you get so defensive about this stuff? If it doesn't interest you or you think it's a load of crap, ignore it?

Those of us that think it is valid will entertain it. 

Edited by BStanRamFan

7 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Why do you get so defensive about this stuff? If it doesn't interest you or you think it's a load of crap, ignore it?

As a business man and what I do if somebody was saying the things like this about my competition and I went in there to secure their business I know I wouldn't have to offer them much because they want to make a change. From a business standpoint this is the absolute worst way to start any negotiations. From a business standpoint in trying to get the most you can for lets say trading Jared they've absolutely dumped in their pants just horrible way to do business. That's why I think this is a bunch of smoke meant to inspire Jared to work harder or they might do something in the future. Snead and McVay from a football business point of view couldn't have done this worse. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

and here is ian joining the party.

A 3rd of the league interested in Stafford and guaranteed to net a 1st pretty much puts us out of the running unless their new GM, who scouted Goff coming into the draft, might be willing to work a deal for Goff plus non-1st round pick. 

Watson is the pipe dream, I've yet to hear his camp leak that the Rams could be on his shortlist.

8 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

As a business man and what I do if somebody was saying the things like this about my competition and I went in there to secure their business I know I wouldn't have to offer them much because they want to make a change. From a business standpoint this is the absolute worst way to start any negotiations. From a business standpoint in trying to get the most you can for lets say trading Jared they've absolutely dumped in their pants just horrible way to do business. That's why I think this is a bunch of smoke meant to inspire Jared to work harder or they might do something in the future. Snead and McVay from a football business point of view couldn't have done this worse. 

Words are certainly one way to do it, but actions would be the real fire. So trading for a Minshew or drafting a guy in the 2nd or 3rd would be the real way to send the message, "This isn't going to be handed to you". 

I agree with your take, but I also trust Snead implicitly based on what he's done in his time here from a trade perspective (not a contract perspective). If the season ending press conference is his chance to communicate to 31 teams before the Senior Bowl, he just let you know we are open for business on discussing Goff. Keep in mind alot of the offseason trade discussions happen at the Combine every year; this year that won't be the case. So this is his way of floating the idea and see who reaches out. Because to your point, from a business perspective, reaching out individually saying "Hey want Jared Goff?" automatically crushes your return. However, floating the idea and see who reaches out to you first is a different way of staying in the drivers seat. That's just my take.

Edited by BStanRamFan

13 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Why is it ok for him to run with this as “proof” of something? Which is exactly what he’s doing, especially in conjunction with his previous few posts. But you think I should just ignore it? Kind of hypocritical

Its fine to entertain it, it’s all fun times in fantasy land, but back here in reality, some of us like to discuss the actual impact of a move like this. 

And once again, Ian (who R is trying to use as some higher level of legitimacy) provided exactly ZERO new information in that clip. So yes I’m going to call out a BS post. Just like I will call out using hypothetical and very bland quotes from our Coach/GM only after they were repeatedly pressed about a situation as proof of something.

Trading Goff can absolutely happen this year, but just saying that and playing in Madden Mode with an off-season, completely ignores all the other parts of that move (Cap implications for this year and beyond, the dearth of Draft capital to make it happen, and of course the lack of cap space to pay the new QB). The minute that someone (literally anyone) comes to the table with an idea that addresses all of that, I’d gladly have a discussion about it. 

But so far it’s just “Goffs a goner” and ideas that we can just pick whatever QB we want and the league will just give them to us on our terms

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Words are certainly one way to do it, but actions would be the real fire. So trading for a Minshew or drafting a guy in the 2nd or 3rd would be the real way to send the message, "This isn't going to be handed to you". 

I agree with your take, but I also trust Snead implicitly based on what he's done in his time here from a trade perspective (not a contract perspective). If the season ending press conference is his chance to communicate to 31 teams before the Senior Bowl, he just let you know we are open for business on discussing Goff. Keep in mind alot of the offseason trade discussions happen at the Combine every year; this year that won't be the case. So this is his way of floating the idea and see who reaches out. Because to your point, from a business perspective, reaching out individually saying "Hey want Jared Goff?" automatically crushes your return. However, floating the idea and see who reaches out to you first is a different way of staying in the drivers seat. That's just my take.

Minshew isn’t an upgrade or somebody to push Jared. A 2nd or 3rd round pick in this draft isn’t very likely to be able to push Jared. That’s where they are screwing this all up the most. Unless they get Watson or Rodgers which are both very unlikely they aren’t getting somebody to push or compete with Jared they just keep screwing up this team with how they’re handling this.

58 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

A 3rd of the league interested in Stafford and guaranteed to net a 1st pretty much puts us out of the running unless their new GM, who scouted Goff coming into the draft, might be willing to work a deal for Goff plus non-1st round pick. 

Y'all really are willing to get fleeced by the Lions because you're that frustrated with Goff? C'mon. I wouldn't trade Goff for Stafford straight up.

14 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Minshew isn’t an upgrade or somebody to push Jared. A 2nd or 3rd round pick in this draft isn’t very likely to be able to push Jared. That’s where they are screwing this all up the most. Unless they get Watson or Rodgers which are both very unlikely they aren’t getting somebody to push or compete with Jared they just keep screwing up this team with how they’re handling this.

I think after seeing McVay's responses and excitement to Wolford we shouldn't be too sure who can push Goff in camp.

15 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Y'all really are willing to get fleeced by the Lions because you're that frustrated with Goff? C'mon. I wouldn't trade Goff for Stafford straight up.

There are ALOT of NFL GM's that would disagree with you on that statement. Teams will likely give a 1st round pick for Stafford( according to Rapaport). No one would give a 1st for Goff.