Goff’s future with the Rams

RamRod

13 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Very nice way of saying "The most in the league since 2018". And hell is just a sauna.

Yes. Because that is what McVay wants from a QB in his offense. 

This right here is everything that is wrong with the Goff haters.

You say "most turnovers since 2018", but conveniently leave out that those occurred in more games played than the other guys around him. Every argument for this side is either only told in a way that fits the narrative, or can be disproven, yet most arguments from the pro-Goff side just gets diminished without any actual evidence (except for the OL stuff, but that's because you are taking the OL as a whole and not addressing that the IOL is the problem). A list was given to you proving that there's a good chance of his rating going up in the next few years, and your only defense is to make it seem like everyone should expect Peyton Manning levels of production.

Secondly, you don't know what Mcvay wants from his QB unless you are in Rams camp or have talked with him about it. This is just your opinion, not a fact. 

Edited by JonStark

9 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Secondly, you don't know what Mcvay wants from his QB unless you are in Rams camp or have talked with him about it. This is just your opinion, not a fact. 

Well since being the HC, he's brought in Wolford, Bryce Perkins, and Duck Hodges. All would be labeled as "mobile" QB's. That's a trend. 

Goff had his most rush attempts in a season this year. McVay's offense likes to move the pocket; something Goff is not incredibly apt at doing. McVay knew he was going to start Wolford early in the week vs SEA; he didn't need to see how Goff's thumb progressed, as reported on gameday by Aikman. 

Using terminology thrown around on this board alot (that I hate) ," If you watch the games, you can see it".

13 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

He can scan all he wants, but if he can’t complete the throws then what’s the point?

Not to mention I don’t agree with this assessment. Regardless when you’re missing obvious TD throws, you’re hurting the team more than a few 8 yard scrambles helps

12 hours ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

How come he didn’t manage to scan the end zone for some points? Goff found the end zone 3 times his first ever game in the pros, and that was playing under a Jeff Fisher offense and less weapons..

I don't think we saw the same game...

And if Mcvay said he was ready to put Wolford as a starter if he was healthy, it shows that he was pretty confident in him.

35 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

My point wasn't a knock on Ramsey or Donald. It's a point that winning in the playoffs is tough. The implication of not moving on from Goff is he held the team back when ultimately the defense is why we got bounced. It's a team game. Putting 100% of the blame on anyone for not winning the SB is insane. 

People blame Goff for this season and blame Goff for the SB loss to the Pats. Even though the Pats loss he was great in the regular season and put up a stinker in the playoffs. This year had a stinker of a regular season and good playoff performance. Can't have it both ways when the defense was also flipped. 

Not really, we were cruising in the 1st Half of the season but after the Bears game, it was clear that team know how to put pressure on Goff. The offense wasn't effective in 2nd half season.

3 minutes ago, Flounch said:

I don't think we saw the same game...

And if Mcvay said he was ready to put Wolford as a starter if he was healthy, it shows that he was pretty confident in him.

I know what game I saw...it was the game where Wolford was responsible for zero points.... the same game where the defense completely bailed the team out of a loss.

I don’t care if he’s a little more mobile than Goff, he’s not a better option. He was outplayed by a guy who just had surgery on his throwing hand. Goff has put points on the board, Wolford hasn’t... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

I know what game I saw...it was the game where Wolford was responsible for zero points.... the same game where the defense completely bailed the team out of a loss.

I don’t care if he’s a little more mobile than Goff, he’s not a better option. He was outplayed by a guy who just had surgery on his throwing hand. Goff has put points on the board, Wolford hasn’t... 

Is that the game where Everett drop a TD catch in the endzone, or Wolford starting the drive at the 18 yards in his own territory and went to the Cardinals 2 yards line and then Akers fumble it ? 

31 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Well since being the HC, he's brought in Wolford, Bryce Perkins, and Duck Hodges. All would be labeled as "mobile" QB's. That's a trend. 

Goff had his most rush attempts in a season this year. McVay's offense likes to move the pocket; something Goff is not incredibly apt at doing. McVay knew he was going to start Wolford early in the week vs SEA; he didn't need to see how Goff's thumb progressed, as reported on gameday by Aikman. 

Using terminology thrown around on this board alot (that I hate) ," If you watch the games, you can see it".

Still your opinion. Saying things like "Mcvay wants this" or "They are officially done with Goff" has no merit unless you've heard it directly from their mouths. 

But thanks for skipping over the first part of that post. 

10 minutes ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

Nothing to add, just wanted to quote this for emphasis. 

3 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Still your opinion. Saying things like "Mcvay wants this" or "They are officially done with Goff" has no merit unless you've heard it directly from their mouths. 

But thanks for skipping over the first part of that post. 

Nothing to add, just wanted to quote this for emphasis. 

There's no narrative to "most turnovers since 2018". It's just a fact. You want dissect and disprove it have yourself a ball man. I don't see people coming to add context to "Most wins in the league second to Tom Brady in X span", but that's just how this group goes. Disregard what we don't like hearing.  Every QB is different, with different circumstances tbh, pulling a list of 10 QB's that include players who's prime is from an over a decade ago doesn't fit todays NFL or how the game is played. It's apples and oranges.

But please, keep burrying your head in the sand on what Snead and McVay are verbally communicating. I can't wait until this is all wrapped up and done with. Two weeks into the postseason and the Goff dillusion is in full force despite very damning words from our front office and HC.

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

12 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Is that the game where Everett drop a TD catch in the endzone, or Wolford starting the drive at the 18 yards in his own territory and went to the Cardinals 2 yards line and then Akers fumble it ? 

How about the obvious missed TD throw to Woods? Where a semi competent passer throws it up the field for an easy walk in,  it he threw sideline and made it a contested catch against a LB. 

Let’s keep cherry picking plays because I know from watching it many times I’ll come out on top here. In just over a game of action he has had 3/4 nice good throws, with just as many (more actually) bad ones. Al,so tall of his completions were to wide open receivers

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Yes. Because that is what McVay wants from a QB in his offense

So then McVay is an idiot who didn’t know where his offense would be in 2 years. That’s what you’re saying, because he signed off on Goff’s style of QB being his franchise guy. Tied himself to that guy who he just went to the super bowl with. 

Go ahead, talk yourself out of this one, because you trust in him implicitly and he can do no wrong according to you. This will be fun to see

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Disregard what we don't like hearing. 

You said it, not me.

Also for reference, this is what I saw on Twitter (havent vetted yet though, so take it for what it's worth):
Turnovers the last two years:
Winston: 35 TO in 16 games played
D. Jones: 39 TO in 27 games played
Wentz: 33 TO in 28 games played
Goff: 38 TO in 33 games

Not saying this isn't an issue that he needs to fix, but you're just not telling the whole story, and if that's right, he's even second behind Jones. 

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

So then McVay is an idiot who didn’t know where his offense would be in 2 years. That’s what you’re saying, because he signed off on Goff’s style of QB being his franchise guy. Tied himself to that guy who he just went to the super bowl with. 

Go ahead, talk yourself out of this one, because you trust in him implicitly and he can do no wrong according to you. This will be fun to see

Goff has regressed significantly since 2018. When he signed that extension. 

Man that was hard. 

40 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Not really, we were cruising in the 1st Half of the season but after the Bears game, it was clear that team know how to put pressure on Goff. The offense wasn't effective in 2nd half season.

Goff really though just had the Bears game and Eagles games that year that were bad. Probably Detroit too but we won that pretty convincingly. And then obviously the SB was a bad game.