Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as Head Coach

Kiltman

41 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea I dunno. Easy to say with Brees. That dude is cooked. And their backup plan was a FB playing QB. When Brees submits his papers it’ll be the end of the Saints for a decade or so. Thomas and Kamara were unless with Hill. Does Winston fix that? Doubtful. 

They draft well so I could see them finding a qb out of no where. 

42 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Less then 12 months ago you felt the same way about the Eagles, things change rapidly on this site and in real life.

The eagles have a bad roster, are old, have no cap room and are ran by a guy that ran out of clues years ago.

The team winning 5 games next year might be a miracle.

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

name a position group you are comfortable with moving forward? I mean the only two good young players we have are Miles and Dallas. The future is bleak. 

OL isn’t in the worst spot, when you grade on the curve of how that group is on most teams.

DT but like, can we keep them with the salary cap being what it is?

But yeah not a great roster at all.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

OL isn’t in the worst spot, when you grade on the curve of how that group is on most teams.

DT but like, can we keep them with the salary cap being what it is?

But yeah not a great roster at all.

if kelce doesn't retire and the two right side guys actually stay healthy the Oline will probably be ok next year. but still it has more questions than answers. 

Dline is getting long in the tooth you probably have to trade barnett for cap relief. Leaving Sweat as the only real young guy you have there that you have any faith in. 

Just now, ninjapirate said:

if kelce doesn't retire and the two right side guys actually stay healthy the Oline will probably be ok next year. but still it has more questions than answers. 

Dline is getting long in the tooth you probably have to trade barnett for cap relief. Leaving Sweat as the only real young guy you have there that you have any faith in. 

Yeah it’s near the edge, but have a couple years left. If Dillard turns into something him and Mailata are nice pieces. Brooks and Lane are getting a little too injured lately though yeah, they both would have plenty of years left otherwise.

DL as a whole isn’t great, but that’s mostly the edges. Like I said DTs are fine, unless they move Fletch or something.

40 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

name a position group you are comfortable with moving forward? I mean the only two good young players we have are Miles and Dallas. The future is bleak. 

TE and RB, but that's it.

Can we even afford to re-sign Cam Johnston?

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Well I'm not even really talking about like 5 years from now. I'm primarily referring to these next couple years. I think the OL and DL are both potentially top units 5 in the league. Miles is a potential top 10 back, Goedert is a potential top 10 TE, Slay is a solid CB1, McLeod was solid last year and I know he's coming off an injury, but we're talking talent here, not health. Mills actually had good numbers and could grow in year two at safety. Between Maddox and LeBlanc, if he comes back, are both starting caliber solid slot corners. LB is weak but Singleton and Edwards show some level of competence and you can get away with them starting or playing roles, but not starring. Receiver has some youth and potential with Reagor, Fulgham, Ward, Hightower, Watkins. Not saying it's a strong group, but it can be. Not saying it's an amazingly talented team, but it's not the bottom five group that some are making it out to be.

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Well I'm not even really talking about like 5 years from now. I'm primarily referring to these next couple years. I think the OL and DL are both potentially top units 5 in the league. Miles is a potential top 10 back, Goedert is a potential top 10 TE, Slay is a solid CB1, McLeod was solid last year and I know he's coming off an injury, but we're talking talent here, not health. Mills actually had good numbers and could grow in year two at safety. Between Maddox and LeBlanc, if he comes back, are both starting caliber solid slot corners. LB is weak but Singleton and Edwards show some level of competence and you can get away with them starting or playing roles, but not starring. Receiver has some youth and potential with Reagor, Fulgham, Ward, Hightower, Watkins. Not saying it's a strong group, but it can be. Not saying it's an amazingly talented team, but it's not the bottom five group that some are making it out to be.

I fully expect the eagles to also be awful again next year.