Broncos Free Agency Thread

AnAngryAmerican

10 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Another guy who wasn’t working at the facility but this puts the team in a tricky spot.

I think the optics of going after DaeSean’s money would be horrible, as he’s a high character guy.

I read today he was put on IR.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 10:10 AM, Cutler06 said:

Now that's the right thing to do, may not be the smartest, but certainly says we take care of our own

1 hour ago, jolly red giant said:

Looks like he was Waived / non-football injury.

The Broncos may not pay his contract - and would be within their rights not to.

Yup, the team did NFI Hamilton - which means they can walk away from his contract now with 0 hit.   Maybe they'll come to an injury settlement, but the team has 0 obligation here.  

As I said in the James thread, players who decide to exercise their rights within the CBA, or get top dollar when they can - shouldn't get blamed.   In the end, it's just a business.   It may not be in their best interests long-term, and it isn't always helpful for the team - but when the shoe's on the other foot for teams to back off their rights within the CBA, time & again we see them rarely do anything but make the business decision (and to be fair to Denver, it's not like they're alone here, it's just how ownership operates).

Edited by Broncofan

20 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Has anyone else noticed that most all new WR's we're bringing in are at least 6'3" and upwards to 210lbs.....all red-zone type receivers.

I'm viewing it as preparing for losing Patrick next year. I think the players we got have more special teams value as well. 

Just now, grizmo78 said:

I'm viewing it as preparing for losing Patrick next year. I think the players we got have more special teams value as well. 

Agreed they are looking for a replacement for Patrick but that seems to be Tyrie Cleveland or Seth Williams. But we've also brought in 4-5 more WR's with that kinda size yet no new additions with Hamler type speed, more an observation towards that aspect of it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

Agree but think it could be either Patrick or Sutton.  It will be interesting to see how Sutton returns from injury 

5 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Has anyone else noticed that most all new WR's we're bringing in are at least 6'3" and upwards to 210lbs.....all red-zone type receivers.

Could be an indication of how we'll be running the offense. Big guys like that aren't usually known as gamebreakers but can be hell on wheels as possession/chain movers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Could be an indication of how we'll be running the offense. Big guys like that aren't usually known as gamebreakers but can be hell on wheels as possession/chain movers.

Probably needed when you have a combination of a game manager QB and a gunslinger QB with timing issues and accuracy issues on the deep ball.

Edited by jolly red giant

10 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

Probably needed when you have a combination of a game manager QB and a gunslinger QB with timing issues and accuracy issues on the deep ball.

Probably a good idea if you're building a team for Dec and January. Slick fields, wet weather and bad conditions. Big guys beat little guys every time.

50 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Probably a good idea if you're building a team for Dec and January. Slick fields, wet weather and bad conditions. Big guys beat little guys every time.

That’s why Wes Welker and Edelman had so much success in Foxboro in January then 😉

• Like 1

Jokes aside I like how this offense is being structured;

Hamper is the deep threat speed guy, Jeudy should be able to roast any CB2 or 3, Fant is a huge mismatch on LB or S and then Patrick and Sutton are hard covers with their size on the boundary.

And the minute extra DBs are brought in, we have the OL and hopefully now the RBs to really make teams pay

• Like 2