Detroit Lions and Matthew Stafford expected to part ways

Lionized

43 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Zero.  Unless Chicago was willing to wildly overpay.  We're talking about 3+ FRPs at a minimum.  There shouldn't be any shortage of suitors, and they'd probably take a "lesser" package from a non-divisional rival.

I should clarify that.  I meant would the Lions be willing to trade him, not "would Packer fans like to see him traded to the Bears."  :D 

45 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Think Denver and New England are more likely scenarios than Washington, but that might just be me.

You're probably right on that.  I can't imagine a scenario where he would want out of Detroit to go and live and play in Washington.  That would be pretty much a lateral move.

1 hour ago, flyguy1609 said:

Send him to Philly for wentz?

I could see roughly like 10 teams make a play for him.. Denver, Tampa(Brady retires) Pitt, 9ers(maybe) Dallas? Houston(Watson gets traded) Indy 

Once the Eagles fired Pederson and hired Sirianni the word started going around that Wentz isn’t going anywhere. 

As long as the compensation is good I’m all for brining Stafford to Indy, I had him behind Dak; because of free agent vs trade,  but I knew Dallas isn’t going to let him walk that easily. 

Although I’ve always like Stafford and I wish him the best, but if I’m the Lions I’m not doing him any favors other than trading him.  I’ll trade him to the Jets if I want.  If we don’t get the compensation we want for him I tell him sorry can’t do it and we can try again at the trade deadline.

Having said that I think the Broncos are going to go hard after him.  Patton knows him from being in the Division and I think Elway sees himself in Stafford.

I’m not trading Stafford for anything less than a one and change/player(s)

2 hours ago, Lionized said:

My heart breaks for this situation to come true. The writing has been on the wall and I hope nothing, but the best for Matthew Stafford. Who do you think the new QB No. 1 will be? 

I think we will draft Lance.  I think he will remind Holmes of Wilson in Seattle.  We will probably sign Jimmy G when he is cut or move a pick to Jets for Darnold while Lance sits for a year.

Couldn't care less where we trade him or if he gets a chance at a championship. He's a professional and that’s that.

Only way I trade him for any player is if it's Watson. Other than that I want picks.

I'm enthused to see that general consensus in the NFL News forum is that the price starts at a 1st rounder and then the winning bid will probably include a 2nd and a 3rd this year or next. That sounds pretty good to me. 

Absolutely no to any NFC North team. There's so much QB demand, it doesn't have to even be thought of.

Edited by Superduperman
  • Like 1

This is the most significant off-season that this franchise will have since 09. 

It is going to lay the foundation for what this team will be for the next 10 years. With all of the regime changes the constant was Stafford making incredible plays and being a super tough competitor. Now we're back where we were pre-Stafford and hoping we can find someone to be our guy. 

The most critical person in all of this is Brad Holmes. I really hope that he's the draft guru guy that we've been sold. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Fields will be a Lion. I feel it in my bones. 

I hope your wrong, I wasn’t impressed with him. He reminds of Haskins great college qb but a guy who can’t lead a franchise. 

also man I wish we put a claim in on josh Rosen. Let him get some reps during the off season. See what he has give him a chance 

• Like 1