Stafford traded to Rams

Louis Friend

1 hour ago, Millenhater said:

I heard the Broncos were overnight their 1st, a 3rd and possibly a player (Locke?) Do you think the #9 overall this year is better than 2 late firsts the next two years?

Could be a case of them wanting real data on players and with no combine shorten seasons etc the future picks may be better,

Guys I think it’s going to be difficult for Goff to succeed here.  I think replacing Stafford is going to be tough.  Stafford in the huddle or with the media vs Goff is going to be a big let down for everyone involved.  Hope i’m wrong or we trade him but it’s a big juxtaposition 

1 minute ago, Millenhater said:

Swift is good.  I just don’t think he can carry the load by himself. 

With the HB market having basically collapsed, how is your cap room? Seems like you could find a solid to good HB to share the load at a very reasonable price.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

With the HB market having basically collapsed, how is your cap room? Seems like you could find a solid to good HB to share the load at a very reasonable price.

We have little capspace, but a lot of space can be created from a few roster cuts. 

As for RB, I don’t see the Lions spending much on the position when they have Swift/Kerryon and a lot of holes on defense. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

We have little capspace, but a lot of space can be created from a few roster cuts. 

As for RB, I don’t see the Lions spending much on the position when they have Swift/Kerryon and a lot of holes on defense. 

Makes sense. If that's the case, a mid-round pick at the position might be the right call. I think I'd want to use the second on a more valuable position, especially with what Swift showed as a rookie. How's your OL? Obviously, I think it'll be important to keep Golladay, but if y'all do keep Goff, you have to protect him, especially from interior pressure. Ragnow is a beast, from what I recall. I don't know how Jonah Jackson played as a rookie or who y'all's RG is (Vaitai or Crosby?).

18 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Makes sense. If that's the case, a mid-round pick at the position might be the right call. I think I'd want to use the second on a more valuable position, especially with what Swift showed as a rookie. How's your OL? Obviously, I think it'll be important to keep Golladay, but if y'all do keep Goff, you have to protect him, especially from interior pressure. Ragnow is a beast, from what I recall. I don't know how Jonah Jackson played as a rookie or who y'all's RG is (Vaitai or Crosby?).

The left side of our OL is stellar. Decker/Jackson/Ragnow is borderline elite. The right side needs work. We shuffled guys around on the right side.  We have Vaitai who hasn’t lived up to his contract but is solid when playing. Crosby hasn’t cemented RT. We have a rookie RG in Logan Stenberg that I’ve clamored to see play. 

Campbell has discussed using Swift in the slot and doing more PA with. I could see them use him in some of what I’ve seen Goff/Wood do in L.A.

Golladay is a RFA. He was on NFLN a few days ago talking up the Lions and new HC Dan Campbell. Sounded like he wants to stay in Detroit. Re-signing him will be a priority for Holmes. Have a rookie WR in Quintez Cephus who played a little. Could use some work here. 

We also have a TE in Hockenson who despite me criticizing, is better IMO than Higbee. Jesse James is overpaid, but a solid blocking TE. Rookie Hunter Bryant could be a player to keep an eye on. 

Lions have a few pieces on offense, but new HC/OC could change up the roster. 

Edited by Louis Friend

25 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

The left side of our OL is stellar. Decker/Jackson/Ragnow is borderline elite. The right side needs work. We shuffled guys around on the right side.  We have Vaitai who hasn’t lived up to his contract but is solid when playing. Crosby hasn’t cemented RT. We have a rookie RG in Logan Stenberg that I’ve clamored to see play. 

Campbell has discussed using Swift in the slot and doing more PA with. I could see them use him in some of what I’ve seen Goff/Wood do in L.A.

Golladay is a RFA. He was on NFLN a few days ago talking up the Lions and new HC Dan Campbell. Sounded like he wants to stay in Detroit. Re-signing him will be a priority for Holmes. Have a rookie WR in Quintez Cephus who played a little. Could use some work here. 

We also have a TE in Hockenson who despite me criticizing, is better IMO than Higbee. Jesse James is overpaid, but a solid blocking TE. Rookie Hunter Bryant could be a player to keep an eye on. 

Lions have a few pieces on offense, but new HC/OC could change up the roster. 

Isn't Golladay a UFA? Thanks for the info on the OL. I like Anthony Lynn as a play-caller. He can be a little predictable, but he schemes up great rushing attacks and understands how to use PA well.

Edited by jrry32