Stafford traded to Rams

Louis Friend

Sorry, yes, UFA. But the Lions could franchise tag him, however, I don’t see them doing that. More likely to draft a WR, let Golladay walk if a deal is not reached, and get a 3rd comp pick next draft. But from listening to Golladay, it sounds like he wants to stick around. We shall see. 

11 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Sorry, yes, UFA. But the Lions could franchise tag him, however, I don’t see them doing that. More likely to draft a WR, let Golladay walk if a deal is not reached, and get a 3rd comp pick next draft. But from listening to Golladay, it sounds like he wants to stick around. We shall see. 

Hopefully, they'll find a way to keep him. Seems like a talented kid with a lot of good football ahead of him.

I go to sleep and wake up to this news crazy.. that’s a great trade I like the forward thinking the fo did. Going miss 9 but Goff is serviceable 

Rams’ first round picks by year:
2016: Jared Goff
2017: None
2018: None
2019: None
2020: None
2021: None
2022: None
2023: None

And after trading Goff, the last player they took in the first round, the Rams aren’t scheduled to make another first round pick anytime soon.

4 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

I go to sleep and wake up to this news crazy.. that’s a great trade I like the forward thinking the fo did. Going miss 9 but Goff is serviceable 

Rams’ first round picks by year:
2016: Jared Goff
2017: None
2018: None
2019: None
2020: None
2021: None
2022: None
2023: None

And after trading Goff, the last player they took in the first round, the Rams aren’t scheduled to make another first round pick anytime soon.

OTOH

Lions:

2021- 1st/2nd/3rd/3rd via L.A.

2022- 1st/1st via L.A./2nd/3rd/3rd comp?

2023- 1st/1st via L.A./2nd/3rd/3rd comp?

6 hours ago, JonStark said:

Just came in to say congrats. You guys just pulled off one of the best trades I've ever seen.

Goff is not as bad as everyone says he is. He's actually really good if you can protect him. I've always liked Stafford, but Goff became the scapegoat for a lot of issues with the Rams and deserved better. Hope he comes out and kills it for you guys. 

Stafford is actually a very good QB too.  The Rams gave up a lot for him, but they may have just traded a few draft picks for a Super Bowl win or two. 

This trade feels like it was directed by Kelly. Last year she had posted about "staying in Cali" when our now OC's Chargers were in need of a good QB, pre-Herbert. 

There may be some truth to Holmes wanting his own staff in place, difficulty of evaluating this year, etc. But it feels more like a compromise deal. Stafford and his family want to be in California, Holmes is from the organization, take on some salary and settle on future picks to make it all work. 

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

This trade feels like it was directed by Kelly. Last year she had posted about "staying in Cali" when our now OC's Chargers were in need of a good QB, pre-Herbert. 

There may be some truth to Holmes wanting his own staff in place, difficulty of evaluating this year, etc. But it feels more like a compromise deal. Stafford and his family want to be in California, Holmes is from the organization, take on some salary and settle on future picks to make it all work. 

I don't think we can ignore the quality of the Rams' offense: Woods and KCupp, with a great running game and a strong defense. It's the perfect situation for him.

I also love the compensation, and I don't mind bringing Goff aboard. It allows us to sit whoever we draft at #7 (if we draft a QB at #7). Two 1st round picks is fantastic value.

Great job by Holmes, and great situation for Stafford.

15 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I don't think we can ignore the quality of the Rams' offense: Woods and KCupp, with a great running game and a strong defense. It's the perfect situation for him.

I also love the compensation, and I don't mind bringing Goff aboard. It allows us to sit whoever we draft at #7 (if we draft a QB at #7). Two 1st round picks is fantastic value.

Great job by Holmes, and great situation for Stafford.

I expect we could have gotten current year 1sts from teams like the Colts plus a 3rd. Indy offers a lot of the same things team wise as LA: offensive minded HC, weapons on offense, a running game and a stout defense. It just happens to be in Indiana and not California. 

I hope the rumours of flipping Goff to Indy are true and we add more picks into the mix. 

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I expect we could have gotten current year 1sts from teams like the Colts plus a 3rd. Indy offers a lot of the same things team wise as LA: offensive minded HC, weapons on offense, a running game and a stout defense. It just happens to be in Indiana and not California. 

I hope the rumours of flipping Goff to Indy are true and we add more picks into the mix. 

Unpopular opinion, but I'd rather have a current 3rd and two future 1sts than pick 21 in this draft and a future (or even current) 3rd.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

Wonder what the core guys was Denver offered