Super Bowl Thread: Yeah it sucks we're not in it...but they're gonna play anyway.

Leader

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Based off of past history Joe Barry can't coordinate his way out of a wet paper bag. 

Sorry, that's far too vague for me at this point. I'm waiting for someone like Fennell to do a deep dive on him. Talent vs coaching. That whole thing. Plenty of time to torch Barry and MLF if this goes bad

12 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

They have $151M in salaries for 2021.

So, if cap is at $185M, they got $30M+ of room right now.

12 minutes ago, Striker said:

They're 25M-38M under the cap right now going into 2021 depending on the estimated cap. Spotrac is currently using 189M, which is where I get the 38M figure from.

They *could* keep come of them, but they'd need some discounts for all. 

I didn’t realize they had that much room. But money isn’t the only consideration there as some are aging. although they looked like they were on the TB12 plan tonight though

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Still think we need playmakers to win a Super Bowl @packfanfb?

Understand and agree with the point you're making here - but - Tampa had the "luxury?" or a loaded defense AND and offense with a lot of weapons. Not all of them All Pros - got it - but there were enough of them that they made you defend the entire field.

They were a tough team to beat.

Thats why.....if Jared only hadnt fumbled LOL

Just now, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Garopola and a large share of his teammates just need to stay healthy...

The NFC West is going to be tough again with the Rams upgrading at QB, the Seahawks always being annoying, the Cardinals having another season of experience, and the 49ers being healthy. And of course we get to play them all next season plus the AFC North.

Just now, Leader said:

Understand and agree with the point you're making here - but - Tampa had the "luxury?" or a loaded defense AND and offense with a lot of weapons. Not all of them All Pros - got it - but there were enough of them that they made you defend the entire field.

They were a tough team to beat.

Thats why.....if Jared only hadnt fumbled LOL

I legitimately don't know how ANYONE can have watched this game and came away with the notion that the "weapons" for Tom Brady won him this game.  The Bucs' DL killed the Chiefs' OL.  Patrick Mahomes was harassed this game.  8 QB hits and 4 TFLs for the Buccaneers.  2 QB hits and 3 TFLs for the Chiefs.

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

Unless Arian's healt has gone south again - or he's more fragile than I'm aware of - I would think he'd stick around and try to run this one back next year.

Brady and Arians are back for another year IMO.  I think Arians is probably gone after next year.  Maybe Brady too, but I'm not getting my hopes up.