NFL Honors Discussion

Nick_gb

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Just waiting for Steelers fans to enter the premises screaming that TJ got robbed...

To me AD getting the DPOY right now is where LeBron should be with MVP’s. Like no crap he’s the best, but it’s ok to reward other guys with great statistical years. 

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

To me AD getting the DPOY right now is where LeBron should be with MVP’s. Like no crap he’s the best, but it’s ok to reward other guys with great statistical years. 

I’ll agree with this. Because of voters fatigue.. But the rams fielded the best Defense in many categories and the D basically fueled us! Specially the plays he made. Strip sacking Josh and Mosert. Dirty game changing plays. No player does that imo. Specially being doubled at a stupid rate.’ you know he’s coming and you still can’t stop it. Had the rams had a garbage year and a middle of the pack defense I’ll 100% agree with you mate 

ESPN] TJ Watt double team rate: 15%. Pass rush win rate: 28%. Aaron Donald double team rate: 68%. Pass rush win rate: 24%. Graphs in tweet.

are you crazy? Watt is nowhere near Donald’s galaxy. Get out. 

It’s embarrassing that Watt barely had more sacks! Disgusting. No debate whatsoever. 

Edited by El Ramster

Just now, El Ramster said:

I’ll agree with this. Because of voters fatigue.. But the rams fielded the best Defense in many categories and the D basically fueled us! Specially the plays he made. Strip sacking Josh and Mosert. Dirty game changing plays. No player does that imo. Specially being doubled at a stupid rate.’ you know he’s coming and you still can’t stop it. Had the rams had a garbage year and a middle of the pack defense I’ll 100% agree with you mate 

Thing is the Steelers D was right there too and TJ had that same effect for us. 

Like I said. AD could very easily get it every year. TJ Watt performing like that with 5th string LBs and CBs playing with him is kinda impressive too. I thought that narrative would help him, but it seems as though the voters here aren’t gonna do the share the wealth thing so oh well. If it keeps putting a chip on TJs shoulder I’m fine with it. 

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Not really though because NBA regular season isn’t the same as NFL. Besides, why should Donald be penalised for getting doubled and tripled? 

Sorry but Donald winning DPoTY seems more like a Career/Narrative award over Watt. He literally lead the league in Sacks, QB Hits, Pressures, and Tackles for Loss. First guy to do that and now win the award. If it's because Donald's Double Team Rate while still producing then the same voters didn't seem to feel that way when Stephon Tuitt wasn't 1st or 2nd Team All-Pro despite being Top 3 at the IDL position Sacks and Top 5 in TFL and Pressures despite a > 50% Double Team Rate.