Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

4 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

that's a blast from the past, playboi

also honorable mention to the Lombardi trophy being named after Michael Lombardi

I thought Lombardi looked like he was aging in the pre-game intro piece today.   He sure sounds different than I imagined from his tweets.  Didn't foresee the crew cut and '60's glasses.

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

One of those things that will forever live in infamy along with "LT is overrated because he may get injured". There used to be a Keith Rivers thing that was big for a while, but that was before my time and kind of died out. 

You spelled it wrong.  Its KEEF rivers.

• Like 1

Just now, seminoles1 said:

@Chiefer

Sorry, didn't watch the game but going through the game thread. Saw you said the refs/NFL might be motivated to get Brady a 7th ring because no athlete in American sports has 7 rings and didn't see anyone respond.

That is false. Multiple NBA players have 7+ rings, most notably Bill Russell.

Yeah but Bill Russell wasn't actually great. He isn't as good as Jordan.

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Because some guys are just great at DC, but aren't great at HC.

See:  Wade Phillips, DEN DC 2015.

(Maybe Bowles has learned since then, but sometimes you can just excel at that level).

I could see Bowles getting another shot. I'm not sure how much I'd hold against him for the Jets fiasco, especially when they are saddling him with that QB room. I remember even when they weren't awesome there weren't too many times where I thought he was over his head or anything.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

@Chiefer

Sorry, didn't watch the game but going through the game thread. Saw you said the refs/NFL might be motivated to get Brady a 7th ring because no athlete in American sports has 7 rings and didn't see anyone respond.

That is false. Multiple NBA players have 7+ rings, most notably Bill Russell.

Maurice Richard has 11 stanley cups. There are 9 total NHL players with at least 7 rings. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I could see Bowles getting another shot. I'm not sure how much I'd hold against him for the Jets fiasco, especially when they are saddling him with that QB room. I remember even when they weren't awesome there weren't too many times where I thought he was over his head or anything.

Sure, but there's also some guys who just excel at the #2 role (OC, DC).   Bowles' greatest asset IMO is his adaptability and flexibility.   He's used both zone and man schemes, blitz and cover schemes, interchangeably.   This IMO is a guy you want in charge of a D.   He did an amazing job in switching the D's for 3 different type of O's (taking away the short stuff vs. NO and daring Brees to beat him deep, taking away Adams with Rodgers, and then daring Mahomes to run, drawing up CB blitzes in the first 2-3 drives, and then never using it again once the D started to wear out the OL).   

Maybe he'll be a good HC.   Frankly, I don't think the best OC/DC should always be elevated, especially if they're detail-oriented ppl.  Those are the ones you want at that #2 level.