Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I have been on Leonard Fournette pretty hard during his Jags career and the start of his time in Tampa.

I gave him credit for turning into Playoff Larry weeks ago but wow, he took it to another level tonight.

• He bounced out of losses and turned them into gains.
  • He found the holes that were there.
  • He was patient when he needed to be.
  • He ran over people or shoved them back.
  • He made some blocks when needed
  • He was slippery out of the backfield with sure hands.
  • He got the max out of his receptions.
  • He took one to the house.

Congrats, SB Champ Playoff Larry!

Yep he was a critical part of the playoff run for sure

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I have been on Leonard Fournette pretty hard during his Jags career and the start of his time in Tampa.

I gave him credit for turning into Playoff Larry weeks ago but wow, he took it to another level tonight.

• He bounced out of losses and turned them into gains.
  • He found the holes that were there.
  • He was patient when he needed to be.
  • He ran over people or shoved them back.
  • He made some blocks when needed
  • He was slippery out of the backfield with sure hands.
  • He got the max out of his receptions.
  • He took one to the house.

Congrats, SB Champ Playoff Larry!

It's Playoff Lenny.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Mahomes probably ran for like 400 yards tonight just going backwards try to evade sacks lol

We thought the line could have been a real problem and it was.

If Mahomes was not the superhuman athlete that he is this could have been 56-6 bad.

• Like 1

Just now, Pats#1 said:

I agree with this.....it's just that no other QB has gotten this level of "understanding" immediately after losing a game that the vast majority of people had you favored in.

In fairness, I'm not sure a QB has ever had an OL quite this bad in a game this big though, either. I mean, the closest I can think is like, Cam Newton against Denver, but the whole fumble thing killed any sympathy he got.

Just now, SalvadorsDeli said:

I think it felt like he was being held back because Mahomes just had to live like most QB's live every week and it all of a sudden felt uncomfortable 

This goes too far. 

Is Mahomes life as a QB made much easier having guys getting consistently open every play, of course....was tonight a normal occurrence seen by many NFL QBs, nope.

He's still the best QB in the league right now

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Look man, I'm just explaining what is and isn't a penalty. I'm not interested in what degrees of swagger are seen as acceptable or justified and not.

It's a taunting penalty to do something straight into somebody's face. It's not to do it as a celebration on your own. Winfield could've run off the field holding a peace sign and wouldn't have been flagged. It's a simple distinction.

To be fair, though, up 22 points, and post-play, getting the ball back, I think we all get it's a penalty.  It's just not nearly the same as a 3rd down penalty that suddenly gives a first down and 15 yards.    There's a huge amount of context to the situation.   

Just now, SalvadorsDeli said:

I think it felt like he was being held back because Mahomes just had to live like most QB's live every week and it all of a sudden felt uncomfortable 

I'm sure you watched the Bills game right -- especially when Fisher went out?

Mahomes did everything he could to make up for the OL and WRs failing to get separation tonight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Look man, I'm just explaining what is and isn't a penalty. I'm not interested in what degrees of swagger are seen as acceptable or justified and not.

It's a taunting penalty to do something straight into somebody's face. It's not to do it as a celebration on your own. Winfield could've run off the field holding a peace sign and wouldn't have been flagged. It's a simple distinction.

Yeah. I'm not trying to argue. I'm just trying to explain the frustration our guys have had to deal with all season.

They were mostly consensus the worst secondary in the league to start the year. And that never ended. The Chiefs game in prime time just made those same people get louder.

2 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

He capitalized against the Saints, turning turnovers into TDs. Had a great 1st half and bad 2nd half vs GB. And played great tonight by taking what the D gave him, throwing the ball quickly against an aggressive defense, and making the right throws. You don't have to make SportsCenter highlight circus throws to play great. Ask Rodgers, he had arguably the best year of his career this season by playing within the offense more and taking what the D gave him rather than needlessly extending every play.

Oh come on, short fields and possessions in opposing territory is a big advantage and im not gonna give you a lot of credit for that. Tonight, he was efficient. Didn’t have to carry the offense and had a running game to help him and open things up. 

Just now, Jakuvious said:

In fairness, I'm not sure a QB has ever had an OL quite this bad in a game this big though, either. I mean, the closest I can think is like, Cam Newton against Denver, but the whole fumble thing killed any sympathy he got.

My mind immediately goes to Brady vs Giants in 07....Brady was absolutely beat to hell in that game, and played with a high ankle sprain, yet the media, and everyone here planted the choke job on him as soon as the clock hit zero. No talk about how he can only do so much when his OL is getting manhandled, or how his high ankle sprain obviously must have played a factor. 

And honestly, to a certain extent, he and Pats deserved the title of choker that night, they lost to a team they beat earlier that year and were favored against (like KC tonight). 

• Like 2