Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Saying Brady played better at 39 or whatever isn't really a discredit, saying Jordan was godawful does. That's exactly what you did, and why I commented on it to begin with.

Brady plays a position where his lack of athleticism is minimized so his age has less impact overall than if he had to play a spot like WR, CB, RB, etc.

Jordan walked away from the game for a few years and came back. Brady wouldn't be playing like this with a two year leave from the game, and you even said that Brady could put more pressure onto his teammates than Jordan could which means Jordan had the harder road. Eyes and common sense make this obvious to almost all of us. It's much easier to play as an old dude as a QB compared to a SG/SF. Reliance on athleticism is a massive handicap against NFL players. 

Its a circular argument.

Now as for TB, they were 3rd in scoring last year and 3rd this year with a 2 PPG increase. They didn't thrive because of just those 2 points, the defense was a massive reason for their success. They went from the 3rd worst to the 8th best scoring defense. That wasn't just Brady, he made the offense more consistent and got talent added around him that wasn't there in 2019. Disney assumes otherwise.

alright it's way too late to break this all down but some of this is absurd.

What is your point? They are exactly equally as impressive? Don't even try to compare you can't even have the conversation? Jordan is better than Brady?

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

He was still the reason they lost. If you ever watch the coach film... Just yikes. The throws he misses (I don't mean regarding accuracy, I mean guys wide open he doesn't throw to) are just brutal. 

49ers win both their past two Super Bowls with a Top 10 QB at the helm. Jimmy is average Middle of the Pack, while Colin was in that 12-14 range but super gimmicky. I'm 8-3 in Super Bowl's in my last 11, two losses being the Niners. Dominant Defense w/ pressure ability+ Top 10-12 QB, will always be a recipe for a Super Bowl victory. Bucs Defense was borderline Top 5, and Brady is still a Top 5-7 QB.

Edited by BayRaider

10 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Also the refs had nothing to do with Andy giving Brady 2 timeouts before halftime.

That was horrendous and predictable.

That is an underrated game-changing event.   Tampa was completely willing to just burn clock.   Would have been 14-6 at the half, instead of 21-6.    

Reid compounded it IMO by going for 3 down 21-6.   Going down 12 instead of 15, the way the D was playing, was a huge error in game management.

It's kind of telling that when the KC O couldn't be a juggernaut, Reid played the TO game in the 2Q like they could be...and then on the very next drive in the Q, reverted to his pre-Mahomes days.   It was a brutal 1-2 punch of bad decision-making.

Again, it wasn't the difference in the end, but man, that made it so much easier for the Bucs to win the game. 

KC got outplayed in the trenches, they got outcoached, and even their ST's struggled.    It's amazing that anyone thinks the refs were the cause of this L.    I thought Tampa was a pick 'em this game, but it turns out they'd likely win 7-8x out of 10 with that OL.  This might have been the most extreme outcome of the 7-8x, but hard for anyone to legimately think the Chiefs would win but a small handful of games with their SB roster vs. Tampa's SB roster today.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I still don't agree that was the best course of action given your QB has a toe injury and he was very close to getting injured several times. I get that you need to make plays and move the ball, but holy moly that looked really bad.

EDIT: Also, "tried some of that early" kinda indicates they wanted to just test the waters and it wasn't actually their gameplan to get the ball out quick when they have major OL issues, and that's kinda the point here.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

looked like TB defense was playing with 15 guys on the field sometimes. they were everywhere. outside of a few kelce catches, a KC receiver had a TB guy stuck on him with 3 more bucs on the way lol oh and then their was the pass rush causing havoc. what a masterful performance from that unit,

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Anyone who thinks Winfield was being dumb - he knew it was a change of possession.   In a 22-point lead with less than half a quarter remaining.   That Hill backflip / peace sign that happened in the regular season was on ALL the highlight reels for the last 2 weeks.

I don't think anyone would have done differently in Winfield's shoes.   Anyone who says so is kidding themselves.

Edited by Broncofan

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I still don't agree that was the best course of action given your QB has a toe injury and he was very close to getting injured several times. I get that you need to make plays and move the ball, but holy moly that looked really bad.

Mahomes was off on the plays where he wasn't pressured too. 

There is no logic that justifies some of his lowlights in this one. Stellar player who had a bad game. Don't know why that's so hard for folks to admit?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DannyB said:

alright it's way too late to break this all down but some of this is absurd.

What is your point? They are exactly equally as impressive? Don't even try to compare you can't even have the conversation? Jordan is better than Brady?

No, I was breaking down some of your points.

I said earlier that corss-sports comparisons are stupid and named reasons why. You kept comparing them. I broke down why the comparison you made again was weak and how you contradicted your own argument.

I haven't said one was better than the other. Brady obviously had much more success while in the late 30s but has a MUCH easier route to perform well. Its really that simple.

Jordan was playing for partial ownership, Brady for rings.

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

My heavens! The indignity!

I hope he realizes that winning a SB and having a tremendous rookie season aren't what's important. What really matters is being a "class act". He is the real loser of the night.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

EDIT: Also, "tried some of that early" kinda indicates they wanted to just test the waters and it wasn't actually their gameplan to get the ball out quick when they have major OL issues, and that's kinda the point here.

Tried some of that early means what it means, that they tried it early. If they kept failing to run screens and slants and drawn out short plays, and failing, he'd be slammed for not adjusting. The closest thing we had to success was Mahomes playing hero ball, the guys just dropped some key passes.

I also think it's worth noting, everything is harder when you have OL issues. Is it hard to ask them to pass protect for downfield plays? Yes. Are they also going to be worse at the screens and reverses and jet sweeps? Yes. Are they also going to struggle more to run block? Yes.

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

That is an underrated game-changing event.   Tampa was completely willing to just burn clock.   Would have been 14-6 at the half, instead of 21-6. 

Never understood what Andy was doing there. Seriously. Then to compound it, you let them behind your defense. Don’t think it would’ve made a difference tbh on end result 

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

No, I was breaking down some of your points.

I said earlier that corss-sports comparisons are stupid and named reasons why. You kept comparing them. I broke down why the comparison you made again was weak and how you contradicted your own argument.

I haven't said one was better than the other. Brady obviously had much more success while in the late 30s but has a MUCH easier route to perform well. Its really that simple.

Okay then I can tell this is going to be wildly productive

2 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I honestly remember 2 big drops that may have made a difference, Hill in the endzone and Kelce  for the 3rd down conversion.

It should be worth noting that one of the those drops on Mahomes also should have been an easy INT that went directly through the defender's hands.

Mahomes was put in a difficult spot tonight no doubt, but he wasn't slinging dimes with his receivers constantly letting him down. He was missing some pretty straight forward throws too, ones that he easily made 2 weeks ago.

Let's not forget that throw in the end zone on the free play, that was right on target, where Winfield (I think) made a good play to come across the field and bat it away. And David had a hell of a game too.

This is what I'm saying. Mahomes is NOT without fault but tonight was more his OL, dropped passes, and good defense IMO.  

1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

Mahomes was off on the plays where he wasn't pressured too. 

There is no logic that justifies some of his lowlights in this one. Stellar player who had a bad game. Don't know why that's so hard for folks to admit?

Because stuff