Texans release JJ Watt

.Buzz

4 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

JJ Watt is an incredible player but I’ve always found him to be a tad...corny? I guess that’s the right word. Definitely an awesome human being too there’s just something about him sometimes that comes off corny.

I actually find Baker to be the same brand of corny so I think the Browns could be a good fit. 

Baker can keep quoting rap lyrics in his pressers and then JJ can show up and dance to Fort Minor in the background, it’ll be perfect.

JJ always seems to know where the cameras are...

like on hard knocks when he was doing his midnight workouts. He definitely wants to portray an image. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

like on hard knocks when he was doing his midnight workouts. He definitely wants to portray an image. 

I guess we truly don't know most celebrities, but I think JJ is really that guy.  Does he know he has a brand?  Sure, and he'd be foolish not to build on it.  But I think he really is getting in midnight workouts, even when the cameras aren't rolling.  Every coach and teammate has cosigned what a talented and hardworking player he is. 

Also, his charity work has shown him to put his money where his mouth is.  Even if he were a dirtbag, attention seeking prima donna (he's not), you can't disregard the good his foundation has done.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

I guess we truly don't know most celebrities, but I think JJ is really that guy.  Does he know he has a brand?  Sure, and he'd be foolish not to build on it.  But I think he really is getting in midnight workouts, even when the cameras aren't rolling.  Every coach and teammate has cosigned what a talented and hardworking player he is. 

Also, his charity work has shown him to put his money where his mouth is.  Even if he were a dirtbag, attention seeking prima donna (he's not), you can't disregard the good his foundation has done.

Both of these can be, and are true.

He's my fav player not on my own team, a philanthropist, a very hard worker - but he does love a camera :D

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

Yeah i always go back to his interview when he talked about a “rustic, minimalist cabin” being his vacation spot he goes to in the offseason and then pictures came out and it looked like a $10 million dollar compound 😂

Like people have said though, awesome player + has done a ton of great things 

Edited by Ray Reed

19 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:
23 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

JJ Watt is an incredible player but I’ve always found him to be a tad...corny? I guess that’s the right word. Definitely an awesome human being too there’s just something about him sometimes that comes off corny.

I actually find Baker to be the same brand of corny so I think the Browns could be a good fit. 

Baker can keep quoting rap lyrics in his pressers and then JJ can show up and dance to Fort Minor in the background, it’ll be perfect.

To be fair to JJ, he owned up to a lot of the tire flip, Fort Minor social media box jump stuff. Versus Russell Wilson, who is endlessly corny. 

9 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah i always go back to his interview when he talked about a “rustic, minimalist cabin” being his vacation spot he goes to in the offseason and then pictures came out and it looked like a $10 million dollar compound 😂

I don't know how he talked it up interviews, and it does look like a sweet ranch but it's not 10 mil. Apparently he paid 800k for a house that sits on 35 acres.  That kind of money goes a long way in the sticks of central WI.  For most of us, it would be over the top, for a guy who cleared 100 million from playing football and more from endorsements, it's a fairly modest purchase.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-jj-watts-cabin-in-the-middle-of-nowhere-is-insane/

I think when you take into account that JJ Watt is looking for these three things on his next team:

1. Quarterback

2. Supporting cast

3. Money

With the four biggest teams being rumored to be interested in him: GB, BUF, CLE, Pit. That you're looking at this as the most likely landing spots in order for JJ Watt:

1. Buffalo Bills - They have a young QB who is really showcasing he has it all, they're projected to be over the cap without having to make any moves and also have a very strong supporting cast around him.

2. Green Bay Packers - They have an older QB on a team who has been to back to back NFC Championship games, have an extremely good supporting cast for him but really have to make moves to make the money work.

3. Cleveland Browns - Are able to pay him, line him up next to Myles Garrett and have a good game manager in Baker Mayfield, potentially an up and coming team but also hasn't has much sustained success over the years.

4. Pittsburgh Steelers - I think the fact that their QB situation isn't yet resolved. Is Ben staying? Is he going and them being over the cap, if he's truly chasing a ring it takes them out of the equation all together. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

To be honest, his cabin looks pretty in line for someone in WI with a decent bit of money. Doesn't look exorbitant and 35 acres is a fair amount of land. Your money goes far in rural WI.