Texans release JJ Watt

.Buzz

I feel like the whole narrative of a guy taking a pay cut to chase a ring gets overplayed, a bit. People wind up thinking more guys will do that than actually do.

But if anyone was going to be that guy, it would be J.J. Watt. He's going to get wherever the hell he wants to play.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Has anyone in the NFL looked into the Easterby situation? Not suggesting it's all his fault but the team has been imploding since he came on board.

It's hard to imagine J.J. Watt in any other team's uniform. He is the most iconic Houston player since the Texans were founded in 2002. It'll never be the same without him.

I don't know about Easterby, but with regard to Cal McNair, I haven't gotten as much of a Georgia Frontiere vibe off an "inheriting" owner since maybe Mike Brown - and I wasn't really tracking football near as closely as I am now when stepped into the shoes of Daddy Paul.  That's how special Cal is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr LBC said:

I don't know about Easterby, but with regard to Cal McNair, I haven't gotten as much of a Georgia Frontiere vibe off an "inheriting" owner since maybe Mike Brown - and I wasn't really tracking football near as closely as I am now when stepped into the shoes of Daddy Paul.  That's how special Cal is.

No joke, a lot of people in the organization call him "Tommy Boy" behind his back (maybe even to his face, he's probably too dumb to notice they're laughing AT him).

chris farley Tommy Callahan GIF

Ladies and gentlemen, the owner of the 10th most valuable franchise in football.

So, we’re supposedly the front runners to sign JJ Watt.  

I know that he’d get to play with his brothers, but that shouldn’t have anything to do with it.  

We let Bud Dupree go and we’d still have a cap space problem unless JJ were to be ok with taking a pay cut.  

I’d welcome him with open arms, but I’d really like to see JJ Watt with the Green Bay Packers.  

1 hour ago, RamblinMan99 said:

So, we’re supposedly the front runners to sign JJ Watt.  

I know that he’d get to play with his brothers, but that shouldn’t have anything to do with it.  

We let Bud Dupree go and we’d still have a cap space problem unless JJ were to be ok with taking a pay cut.  

I’d welcome him with open arms, but I’d really like to see JJ Watt with the Green Bay Packers.  

yes. although it seems wide open

Odds Shark on Twitter: "Odds on JJ Watt's Next Team (BetOnline): Steelers +150 Buccaneers +200 Ravens/Packers +600 Cowboys/Patriots +900 Rams +1000 Browns/Dolphins/Giants +1200 Titans +1800" / Twitter

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I get why the Bucs would be listed high, but man with Barrett, David, Gronk, Fournette, AB, and Godwin all being FA's; along with some guys in line for extensions like OJ Howard, Jenson/Smith, Vea, Dacis, Whitehead; they got enough of their own guys to worry about with their cap over a guy like JJ Watt.

• Like 1

Just now, warfelg said:

I get why the Bucs would be listed high, but man with Barrett, David, Gronk, Fournette, AB, and Godwin all being FA's; along with some guys in line for extensions like OJ Howard, Jenson/Smith, Vea, Dacis, Whitehead; they got enough of their own guys to worry about with their cap over a guy like JJ Watt.

unless they get him for cheap. But I think Watt will still command a lot of money. I would honestly look out for the Browns.