Texans release JJ Watt

.Buzz

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

If Watt cares about getting a ring and the spotlight and nothing else then KC is the best fit. Gets to play next to Clark and Jones and win an easy chip.

Or, he could go to the team that clapped KC in the Super Bowl by 20+.

That seems like a better bet.

• Like 18

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Or, he could go to the team that clapped KC in the Super Bowl by 20+.

That seems like a better bet.

My only thing with Tampa is it's 1 more year and that window is closing, Tom proving to the world he could get it done with out BB and got another ring. Whether they make it to the SB or not will Tom want to re-up for another year while at the age of 45? That is a tough question to predict. So for Watt he would be signing essentially a 1 year deal and looking else where after that as the chances of them running it with out tom drop drastically. It would make more sense to go to KC if he is looking for a longer deal say 2-3 years and getting multiple opportunities to chase a ring that way. 

2 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

My only thing with Tampa is it's 1 more year and that window is closing, Tom proving to the world he could get it done with out BB and got another ring. Whether they make it to the SB or not will Tom want to re-up for another year while at the age of 45? That is a tough question to predict. So for Watt he would be signing essentially a 1 year deal and looking else where after that as the chances of them running it with out tom drop drastically. It would make more sense to go to KC if he is looking for a longer deal say 2-3 years and getting multiple opportunities to chase a ring that way. 

Right now I would say Tom Brady is as far away from retiring as he's ever been.

Just won the SB again, played as well as he ever has at the age of 43 and still just loves playing the game.

I honestly think if he wanted to play BEYOND the age of 45 he could. He hasn't missed a step. 

Of course drop off can happen quickly but he puts so much effort in to being able to play I believe he has multiple years left. Just think how much more dangerous he could be next season with more experience with his team mates!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PFM18 said:

Right now I would say Tom Brady is as far away from retiring as he's ever been.

Just won the SB again, played as well as he ever has at the age of 43 and still just loves playing the game.

I honestly think if he wanted to play BEYOND the age of 45 he could. He hasn't missed a step. 

Of course drop off can happen quickly but he puts so much effort in to being able to play I believe he has multiple years left. Just think how much more dangerous he could be next season with more experience with his team mates!

I am sure he would look at that but in the eyes of Watt you cant lock yourself in to a deal that is more then a year without knowing whether or not brady would be around. As he only has a year left on his deal and will be 44 years old. If Watt is looking to cash in and take multiple attempts trying to chase a ring that would be a concern for him. Like you said it can hit a wall but I think Tom is built differently then most as he does invest a ton of money in to his rehab and lifestyle to extend his career. Unless Tom gets an extension it may be wise for Watt to look to a team with a younger qb that has a contract in place for few more years and the team is competitive.  Heck for all we know ring chase might not be his main objective we just assume it is and he could be more interested in playing with close ties whether it is his family, the state he grew up in, or a city who would parade him around and him embrace them right back. It will be interesting but imo I dont think TB is the top destination for him simply because of the unknown outside of year 1 if he is seeking a multi year deal. If he wants a 1 year deal then sign him to Tampa now as Saints will be on the decline with Brees gone and the 80+ mil in cap they have to clear, Carolina still trying to find their identity with Bridgewater not the answer they thought, and Atlanta bringing in a new coaching staff. So TB will be favored to win that division with out a question. That right there gets you to the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I don't think he's going to either, tbh. Just refuting a stance that is pretty annoying at this point, from a person who is incredibly annoying without this sort of discussion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kirill said:

If Watt cares about getting a ring and the spotlight and nothing else then KC is the best fit. Gets to play next to Clark and Jones and win an easy chip.

I don’t know if Watt would want to go to a team that’s mentally weak enough to let a coach’s son actions cost them the SB.  

(Before someone else replies that’s his take on the game lol). 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

I don’t know if Watt would want to go to a team that’s mentally weak enough to let a coach’s son actions cost them the SB.  

(Before someone else replies that’s his take on the game lol). 

Nor does he want to go to a team/coach who has yet to step up and provide assistance to the family they ruined.

Watt once raised $40mm for a city following a natural disaster, not because he caused the natural disaster, but because it was the right thing to do - KC/Reid not picking up the medical bills is a boat that Watt's not jumping on, given that there's a lot of accountability for both Reid and KC regarding this situation, and both Reid and KC are mum outside of firing Britt Reid.

Watt is a great human being, can't say the same about KC following their response to this tragedy... that could have been avoided beforehand... or responded to after the fact.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

We need to step back and talk about something serious for a moment..... If Watt chooses Cleveland, does ET finally join the Browns forum?

Probably not, unless you're willing to contribute to the Ponzi scheme that @ramssuperbowl99 and @jrry32 are starting with me.

It's a different sort of Ponzi, because you know you're buying into a Ponzi scheme. We're gonna make stuff up about mission statements (by @mission27 no less) create a few earning statements that mean nothing at all, scare you away by early withdrawal penalties - but really, we're using the money to buy boats, steaks and good scotch. (And you'll KNOW this going into it).

(I'm also using a lot of the money to write Jeff Bezos about giving me $10B to buy the Texans, but that's another initiative that @Forge and I are jumping into, unrelated to this initiative - even though I'm using this money for it).

So... you can make all checks payable to "CASH". I accept credit cards as long as you give me the full card number, expiration date, AVS information (zip code, number on the back of the card) average daily balance, mother's maiden name, SSN... The whole kit and caboodle.

Get in now!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Probably not, unless you're willing to contribute to the Ponzi scheme that @ramssuperbowl99 and @jrry32 are starting with me.

It's a different sort of Ponzi, because you know you're buying into a Ponzi scheme. We're gonna make stuff up about mission statements (by @mission27 no less) create a few earning statements that mean nothing at all, scare you away by early withdrawal penalties - but really, we're using the money to buy boats, steaks and good scotch. (And you'll KNOW this going into it).

(I'm also using a lot of the money to write Jeff Bezos about giving me $10B to buy the Texans, but that's another initiative that @Forge and I are jumping into, unrelated to this initiative - even though I'm using this money for it).

So... you can make all checks payable to "CASH". I accept credit cards as long as you give me the full card number, expiration date, AVS information (zip code, number on the back of the card) average daily balance, mother's maiden name, SSN... The whole kit and caboodle.

Get in now!

Sounds legit. 

I'm in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

This is what I do 

• Like 1

JJ Watt is an incredible player but I’ve always found him to be a tad...corny? I guess that’s the right word. Definitely an awesome human being too there’s just something about him sometimes that comes off corny.

I actually find Baker to be the same brand of corny so I think the Browns could be a good fit. 

Baker can keep quoting rap lyrics in his pressers and then JJ can show up and dance to Fort Minor in the background, it’ll be perfect.

49 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Baker can keep quoting rap lyrics in his pressers

wasnt just rap lyrics. It was a bet he had with an assistant coach. 

He quoted RickyBobby, HolidayDay Inn commercial, DMX, Lil Wayne, Snoog Dogg, Kobe, Ron Swanson, Dwight Schrute, TLC/The Other Guys,

• Like 2