Texans release JJ Watt

.Buzz

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

JJ would definitely prefer to join a team that trades draft picks for present day cap space. That helps him win now. He doesn't care about who the team takes in the 5th round or whatever.

Hey, Easterby blew up my team. Why don't I do him a favor? 😄

Draft picks are the best thing for cap space.

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Draft picks are the best thing for cap space.

The dude wants to win now. He's going to prefer that the team who acquires him uses their draft picks to get them the best players for 2020, and the average 5th rounder isn't going to do as much as the cap space savings will.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

The theory of trading him is not happening even with a restructure deal. The team was respectful and granted his release early. He now has the ability to sign with any team well before any other FA that has to wait until March. The texans did it right by him and by themselves as they have to prepare for their own offseason to start in which they were over the cap. Holding on to him and trying to find a trade partner and restructure deals just to get a 6th rd pick out of it is probably not worth it. This now gives him the ability to experience FA for the first time in his career and find an organization to make a final run before retiring. Do not see how people are bashing the texans or saying they should have made a trade along with restructure or the fact that watt made a video to force his release is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The situation is that the owner of the team got sucked into a cult by the Turtle Club guy.

Actually, I think he's more like imposter Dean Pelton...

tenor.gif

Somewhere, Benjamin Chang is wearing a Napoleon outfit, playing a keytar and saying "Who need Watson to play QuarterChang!?

It's starting to make sense... It's not Easterby. It's Chang.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Because it’s 100% rudimentary.  

He’s saying that because the guy has 7 Super Bowl rings.

If I was in the league, I would say the same thing about Tom Brady. 

But, Brady also has too much power in the league.

No different than LeBron James in the NBA.  

Very much like the NBA, the NFL has been excruciatingly fixated on one player.  

Brady goes to a new team entirely on his own and calls the shots.  In New England, it was really down to him or Belichick and that’s why he left.  

Chris Godwin says it was an “honor” to give Brady his number.  No, he had to. Probably wanted to keep his own jersey number because that, like any other player, is part of his on-field identity.  The whole story of Brady willing to wear number 7 was fabricated.  Godwin probably would have been cut from the team or forced into a trade if he didn’t give Brady his jersey number.  

In the beginning of the season, Arians has Brady running play action, he whines, and Arians had to let him stay in the pocket like he demanded.  Arians was also right when he said he had “nothing to do” with them getting to the Super Bowl and winning.  

Why? Because, at the end of the day, Tampa is Brady’s team.  Not anybody else’s.  

Your username was well chosen.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Seth Payne is probably the best/most informed media personality in Houston - he's naturally able to put things together, and he's got his experience as a member of the Texans to draw from as well.

So, I'm banking on him to be correct.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Actually, I think he's more like imposter Dean Pelton...

tenor.gif

Somewhere, Benjamin Chang is wearing a Napoleon outfit, playing a keytar and saying "Who need Watson to play QuarterChang!?

It's starting to make sense... It's not Easterby. It's Chang.

I'm sorry to do this to you:

dkzqciyxmt2fmk0dubap

95e8b380f2db140e8aec97c87da00f58.jpg

But it's a 100% match. The Turtle Club guy is currently laying waste to the Houston Texans.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm sorry to do this to you:

dkzqciyxmt2fmk0dubap

95e8b380f2db140e8aec97c87da00f58.jpg

But it's a 100% match. The Turtle Club guy is currently laying waste to the Houston Texans.

You're the guy trying to tell me I'm in a Mental Facility! I'm the Greendale Seven! Even Britta!