Texans release JJ Watt

.Buzz

Just now, Deadpulse said:

honestly, I dont think things will get better unless Cal steps down or sells the team. Wasn't their a clip of him referring to his players as prisoners? Dude just isn't ever going to create an environment or hire people to create an environment in which players are going to be happy and stay and develop. 

Ah yes, the ol we're doomed till the owner sells the team debate.  Washington fans:

tumblr_pf4600sdvb1uphxvgo1_500.gif

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, mse326 said:

So your two biggest stars, and 2 of the top 3 in franchise history, go to you and say let me the hell out of here.

And that #3 in franchise history put his thoughts out there as well - something about wasting careers and whatnot.

29 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Yet, Cal I'm sure still doesn't think there is a problem. Honestly wish I could quit this team

I did. Respect that you don't, but I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore...

mad as hell GIF

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

honestly, I dont think things will get better unless Cal steps down or sells the team. Wasn't their a clip of him referring to his players as prisoners? Dude just isn't ever going to create an environment or hire people to create an environment in which players are going to be happy and stay and develop. 

That was Cal's dad, Bob McNair - "prisoners running the prison" comment caught a lot of flak.

I tried to defend it as a freudian slip, but this family isn't exactly done much to earn benefit of doubt.

1 minute ago, Beavis said:

I know it would never happen but could Watt play DT in a 4-3? Would fill a huge need in Minny next to Michael Pierce assuming he comes back close to the player he was in BAL.

I think that's actually his best fit going forward. Not sure about Minnesota, but the 4-3 UT spot is his best bet to produce at a high level.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I think the Deshaun Watson situation should illustrate how the Texans don't let the prisoners have a say in anything.

Can’t have the inmates running the prison after all.   If that didn’t end up being prescient for all the wrong reasons. 

Edited by EvilenFroggen
  • Like 1

There is no way he goes to a reclamation project. He will find a win=now team with cap

Colts, Browns, Ravens massively jump out to me as likely landing spots.. Miami jumps to the very top of my list if they get Watson or Tampa (depending on their own FA decisions). Longshot New England if they land a QB. Longshot Seattle

25 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

He'll be a Ram.

I'm weirdly confident.

Cap room isn't really an issue - can move things around to make it happen, assuming he's willing to play for only $12-14 million.

He gets to team up with a contender, doesn't play in the AFC like his bros do, and gets to play with AD which has to be a dream for both of them.

It won’t happen. Watt has a blue collar personality. Don’t see him being attracted to the glitz and glamour of LA

i can see him in GB or Pitt or Buffalo 

• Like 1