Texans release JJ Watt

.Buzz

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:
20 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Nope, the Boas's and Watt's hate each other. They are a modern day Hatfield-McCoy.

How do you know this?

Because I live in West Virginia.

Oh, you mean the Watt/Bosa thing? I made it up. But now that it's made, it exists.

• Like 2

On 2/13/2021 at 8:01 AM, warfelg said:

Browns and Titans should both have better odds.

I just don't see the allure for the Browns.

They haven't been consistent enough to be an every year contender, and the last time a down trodden franchise went 11-5, made the playoffs and beat the Steelers, the Jags went right back to the cellar. Not saying it's going to happen for the Browns, but I'd say it's 50/50. Can't see Watt going there.

Also don't think he goes to an AFC South team.

In the AFC I think he would be between Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Kansas City and Buffalo. But what's up with Pittsburgh's QB situation? If they move on from Ben, they probably aren't a contender.

In the NFC, it'd be Packers, Rams or Bucs.

Right now if you had to make a list as small as possible but with teams who you say "one of these teams will win it all next year", IMO that's Chiefs/Bills/Ravens/Bucs/Packers/Rams

Another team like the Niners could easily jump in there so it depends on when he wants to sign. If he wants to sign soon, I think it'll be one of those six teams.

24 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I just don't see the allure for the Browns.

They haven't been consistent enough to be an every year contender, and the last time a down trodden franchise went 11-5, made the playoffs and beat the Steelers, the Jags went right back to the cellar. Not saying it's going to happen for the Browns, but I'd say it's 50/50. Can't see Watt going there.

Also don't think he goes to an AFC South team.

In the AFC I think he would be between Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Kansas City and Buffalo. But what's up with Pittsburgh's QB situation? If they move on from Ben, they probably aren't a contender.

In the NFC, it'd be Packers, Rams or Bucs.

Right now if you had to make a list as small as possible but with teams who you say "one of these teams will win it all next year", IMO that's Chiefs/Bills/Ravens/Bucs/Packers/Rams

Another team like the Niners could easily jump in there so it depends on when he wants to sign. If he wants to sign soon, I think it'll be one of those six teams.

Up and coming team with lots of cap space and an elite pass rusher. Not sure how that isn’t an attractive situation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Up and coming team with lots of cap space and an elite pass rusher. Not sure how that isn’t an attractive situation. 

Guess it just depends on your opinion of the Browns. I think they'll be worse next year so I don't really view them as "up and coming"

15 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Guess it just depends on your opinion of the Browns. I think they'll be worse next year so I don't really view them as "up and coming"

I think between finally getting the HC right, all the guys coming off IR, the OL coming back in tact, top 5 running back and best tandem, being able to retain Higgins, and a boatload of cap to fix the defensive issues they are gonna win the AFCN....and trust me, saying that makes me punch a wall.