NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

If we could win a ring with Dwight.....

Drummond has a role to fill...and basis his production with CLE - I think he can.

28MIN / 17.5PTS / 13.5REB / 1.2BLKS

I'll take those stats - surrounded by our lineup when healthy - anytime.

We just need to get healthy...if we can.

you think drummond is coming in to score 17 points on 15 shots a night?

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Dwight and Drummond are completely different players though. Dwight is literally one of the greatest defensive players in the history of the NBA, he was a 3x DPOY and made 5 All-Defensive teams. His calling card throughout his career has always been his defensive ability and he was even able to lead a team to the NBA finals earlier in his career. He was also a guy that was at the end of his career and bought into being a role player by doing the dirty work on defense and played within himself shooting 73% FG so he could chase a ring. 

Drummond has never played winning basketball and is one of the worst defensive big men in the league. IIRC there are only like 3 other centers in the NBA this season that have a lower defensive rating and he has had a negative net rating in 8/10 seasons. He has also literally been the worst player in the league this season finishing around the rim, someone posted a graphic the other day, and it's honestly amazing that he's shooting 47% when almost all of his offense comes exclusively at the rim. He also ranks in the 9th percentile defending the pick-n-roll this season meaning that he has been worse than 91% of the league. 

If you're looking at his statistics, sure they look pretty good. But he's a terrible defender and isn't a guy that's going to be a high energy role player. Hell when he signed with the Lakers he said it was because he had the opportunity to be a focal point while LeBron and AD are injured. 

Fine. I'm okay with the move. We needed a body in the middle. We'll see how it plays out.