NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I was really looking forward to Clippers Jazz. Great match-up between two of the best in the West, but I just googled the injury report for the game and the Jazz are without Conley and Clippers without Kawhi, PG, and Batum. Now, I'm not even sure its worth having on in the background.

Same thing for the Lakers Nets game tomorrow with AD now out. It should still be watchable if we can defend well enough and LeBron plays almost the whole game lol.

Probably the 2 best match-ups this week and now they are meh.

We get the Clippers again on Friday and we should both have our full rotations healthy.

• Like 1

I am relatively new to (intently) watching the NBA, and I have a question - how frequent is it for teams to blow 15+ point leads within a game? I swear the Nuggets do it so frequently and it astounds me, but I don't know if I just have the wrong perception on how 'safe' a 15 point lead should be.

For example - last night, the Nuggets were up by 21 points with around 90 seconds left in the 1st, but were then losing with around 2 minutes left in the 2nd. This feels insane to me; is my perception just wrong?

Edited by lomaxgrUK

2 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I am relatively new to (intently) watching the NBA, and I have a question - how frequent is it for teams to blow 15+ point leads within a game? I swear the Nuggets do it so frequently and it astounds me, but I don't know if I just have the wrong perception on how 'safe' a 15 point lead should be.

For example - last night, the Nuggets were up by 21 points with around 90 seconds left in the 1st, but were then losing with around 2 minutes left in the 2nd. This feels insane to me; is my perception just wrong?

Since you’re new to basketball I get how you would feel that way. I see you’re from the UK where soccer reigns supreme and big leads aren’t often overcome, but basketball is a game of runs. It has the smallest court/field and within like a couple of seconds of forcing a turnover a team can score a bucket. I would say it’s pretty common to blow big leads. Yeah 21 points is a lot, but with 3 quarters left that’s a lot of time to make it up.

Like just to show you an example of how fast things can change in an NBA game here is Tracy McGrady scoring 13 in 33 seconds. Those runs are also part of what makes basketball fun and unique. Your team isn’t necessarily out of it even with a big deficit heading into the 4th.

12 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

There is a lot of parity in today's league. Leads are rarely safe. Nugs were also down big with 3-4 mins left and Jamal Murray scored 11 straight and eventually tied it up only for Beal to be go call hunting for the win. 

If you think this is insane, just wait til you hear about how teams go on runs in college basketball 

20 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

who woulda thought smart was the best player on the celtic

Still mad we lost to your bum squad.

Enjoy Kemba though. They said he was an upgrade over Kyrie… They (You) rather have Kemba over Kyrie. 

Well, glad you got your wish!