What are you thinking about?

pwny

23 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Why should I try to develop a taste for nitrogenated beer?

What’s the what with it?

Why do you need to develop a taste for it? Not many brewers do it, and it doesn't greatly impact the taste... 

If anything it is milder and creamier. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 12:22 AM, Outpost31 said:

Why should I try to develop a taste for nitrogenated beer?

What’s the what with it?

Nitro imparts a really different mouthfeel and texture on beer than CO2 does. It makes a beer smoother, creamier, and accentuates certain flavors, mostly those found in darker beers.

Do you like stouts, porters, beers with chocolate, coffee, caramel, or roasty notes? If so, maybe make an effort to like nitro beers. You'll probably enjoy it. If not, don't bother. You'll never see a lager on nitro, and for good reason.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Nitro imparts a really different mouthfeel and texture on beer than CO2 does. It makes a beer smoother, creamier, and accentuates certain flavors, mostly those found in darker beers.

Do you like stouts, porters, beers with chocolate, coffee, caramel, or roasty notes? If so, maybe make an effort to like nitro beers. You'll probably enjoy it. If not, don't bother. You'll never see a lager on nitro, and for good reason.

I'm pretty sure I had a nitro lager once and it was not good. Don't remember where from though.

Left Hand Milk Stout used to be one of my favorite beers. I haven't had it in a few years as I try to avoid lactose where I can. Smoother and creamier as you've said. It goes down far too easy. 

• Like 1

I just can't catch a break, man. Returned to work for 6 work days (and 2 holidays paid) and now I'm ******* sicker than ****. Feel absolutely terrible that I had to call in today and miss going in on my off day, yesterday, for OT but, thankfully, I already had a doctor's appointment scheduled so I can at least show up tomorrow with an excuse. 

Really just need this string of **** to end otherwise I just don't know where I'm going to be at, in more ways than one, in time.

Edited by beekay414

19 hours ago, swoosh said:

I'm pretty sure I had a nitro lager once and it was not good. Don't remember where from though.

Left Hand Milk Stout used to be one of my favorite beers. I haven't had it in a few years as I try to avoid lactose where I can. Smoother and creamier as you've said. It goes down far too easy. 

I guess I should have said "you SHOULDN'T ever see a lager on nitro" lol. Just a bad idea. Every Miller Light, Coors Light, Michelob Ultra, etc commercial uses the word 'crispy'. Lagers should be crispy. Nitro imparts the exact opposite.

Milk stouts are so, so good. Cape May Brewing in NJ makes a white cream stout called Ties the Room Together that is in the style of a white russian. So insanely delicious. Almost 9% ABV, but you can hardly taste the alcohol. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I just can't catch a break, man. Returned to work for 6 work days (and 2 holidays paid) and now I'm ******* sicker than ****. Feel absolutely terrible that I had to call in today and miss going in on my off day, yesterday, for OT but, thankfully, I already had a doctor's appointment scheduled so I can at least show up tomorrow with an excuse. 

Really just need this string of **** to end otherwise I just don't know where I'm going to be at, in more ways than one, in time.

Sorry & Hang in there!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Really shows how sexist this site is that news breaks of Brittney Griner being released from Russian prison and there’s nothing posted about it in NFL News 

I was waiting for Bill O’Brien to hold his press conference to explain why he made the trade.

• Like 1