What are you thinking about?

pwny

Smart-Select-20240129-172902-Chrome.jpg

Ok so Canadian geese are not a unit a of measurement, 1. 2, if we are entering a world where animals ARE used for determining the size of an asteroid, why Canadian geese? Can't it be the size of 2 hippos? 20 large dogs? 31 anteaters?

6 hours ago, adamq said:

Ok so Canadian geese are not a unit a of measurement, 1. 2, if we are entering a world where animals ARE used for determining the size of an asteroid, why Canadian geese? Can't it be the size of 2 hippos? 20 large dogs? 31 anteaters?

Tell ya what, if you're accusing Canada Gooses of being a poor unit of measurement, you're accusing me of being a poor unit of measurement, and I suggest you let that one marinate.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, adamq said:

To be fair...in aerospace, i think Geese are a pretty common metric/parameter/guideline for "bird strike" testing.  For airplanes and stuff.

So if you're discussing the potential impact of an asteroid strike...sure, why not describe it in similar terms?

• Like 2

On 1/29/2024 at 4:33 PM, adamq said:

It's based on nationality so it varies by who puts the news out usually. I'm fluent in conversions, so here - 64 Canadian geese are equal to about 71 meters, and converted into Freedom Units that also equates to 71 M16-A3's.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Sugashane said:

It's based on nationality so it varies by who puts the news out usually. I'm fluent in conversions, so here - 64 Canadian geese are equal to about 71 meters, and converted into Freedom Units that also equates to 71 M16-A3's.

That clears it up a lot, thank you.

• Like 2

You tell me an 70 meter asteroid coming to earth and I shrug but you tell me it's 64 geese large and I'm in terror. Anyone that's interacted with one Canadian goose knows they're something to fear. No one would dare mess with 64.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

You tell me an 70 meter asteroid coming to earth and I shrug but you tell me it's 64 geese large and I'm in terror. Anyone that's interacted with one Canadian goose knows they're something to fear. No one would dare mess with 64.

As long as it isn't a 70 meter Cobra Chicken then I'm good. If so, then I know we' really pissed off the big guy upstairs. 

Anyone have any experience with wills/living trusts?  My grandmother’s niece passed away 18 years ago, and her husband just passed away December 2023.  Both my grandmother and I were named in his original will, dating back to 1999.  In the fall of 2021, he made another will and revoked that will.

I’m not concerned about my share of this, but my grandmother has family heirlooms from our side of the family that she is concerned about, although she is in the beginning stages of dementia.  These items were named in the original will.  My fiancé and I haven’t really brought this point up to her, but about 10 days after he passed away, his family had a dumpster over there cleaning out his house.  Chances are, these items were thrown out, because I had suspicions he became a hoarder.

All of this feels wrong to me.  Again, I could care less about my portion.  I know his family that he put into the will and apparently also added to his deed are sketchy people and realize they caught a gravy train.  But I wonder what standing, if any, we have on the family heirlooms beyond asking about them directly if there was anything from our side of the family that they found.  

On 2/4/2024 at 9:31 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

All of this feels wrong to me.  Again, I could care less about my portion.  I know his family that he put into the will and apparently also added to his deed are sketchy people and realize they caught a gravy train.  But I wonder what standing, if any, we have on the family heirlooms beyond asking about them directly if there was anything from our side of the family that they found.  

don't take legal advice from football guys on the internet, to begin with, but with the original will revoked by the subsequent one and it not mentioning the heirlooms, then no one has any legal standing to them except possibly a surviving spouse.

but again, consult a local attorney.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

I finally made a batch of jerky that didn’t suck.

Tenderizing the meat is an absolute must. Second most important improvement over my many failed batches was celery salt.

I like to add 2 shots of whiskey to mine and let it marinate in the bag for a day or two. Some brown sugar, soy, worcestershire, red pepper flakes, black pepper, a dash of liquid smoke, and meat tenderizer.

Edit - I'll have to try celery salt in some. My brother makes a hot sauce one and char siu jerky that are bangers.  I've heard of apple cider being able to help make some really good jerkys but havent tried them.

Honestly that even works really well with ground beef jerky if you have a jerky cannon. Be careful about using higher fat ground beef though. Makes a MASSIVE mess. I like 73/27 ground beef for meatballs and really savory applications, then 90 or 93% ground beef for more beef forward dishes. Didn't label which was which when I put them in the fridge and learned when the bottom tray of my dehydrator was coated in seasoned fat. Wife was pissed. hahaha

• Like 2