What are you thinking about?

pwny

13 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Anyone buy/sell a house recently (within the past few months)? How did your process go? We are just starting the process now. My realtor said the past few years have been very much uncharted territory so it is kind of like the wild west out there. I'm wondering how other peoples' experiences have been recently.

get prequalified at the bank of your choice
research the market by visiting many homes
form a picture in your mind as to what you are looking for
discuss with your lender what you can afford
research the market with intent to buy
see the house you want, make an immediate offer

It's time to replace my old reliable Weber gas grill, I did some shopping around and was ready to just pick up a new 4 burner Weber.. but then one of these new fangled pellet smokers caught my eye. 

Has anyone had experience using one of these 6 in 1 types that can be used as a grill for steaks/burgers/etc? I love the idea of not dicking with the propane tanks anymore, but kind of skeptical that I'd get the same sear that I get with the gas or charcoal grills. Any recommendations on brands or types? I was looking at a Pitboss 850 sq inch down at the Lowes

Edited by adamq

1 hour ago, adamq said:

It's time to replace my old reliable Weber gas grill, I did some shopping around and was ready to just pick up a new 4 burner Weber.. but then one of these new fangled pellet smokers caught my eye. 

Has anyone had experience using one of these 6 in 1 types that can be used as a grill for steaks/burgers/etc? I love the idea of not dicking with the propane tanks anymore, but kind of skeptical that I'd get the same sear that I get with the gas or charcoal grills. Any recommendations on brands or types? I was looking at a Pitboss 850 sq inch down at the Lowes

From using my friends Traeger, they do burgers and steak just fine, but it’s hard to get the sear because the temperature doesnt go as high- 450*-500*.  For someone who loves to do indirect and then sear on my Big Green Egg or Weber Charcoal, this would be tough for me.  

A Traeger is still on my list to purchase, because it would be so easy to do ribs/pulled pork/brisket.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

From using my friends Traeger, they do burgers and steak just fine, but it’s hard to get the sear because the temperature doesnt go as high- 450*-500*.  For someone who loves to do indirect and then sear on my Big Green Egg or Weber Charcoal, this would be tough for me.  

A Traeger is still on my list to purchase, because it would be so easy to do ribs/pulled pork/brisket.  

I ended up going with the Pitboss 850 competition series.. it has a function where you open the center and get a direct flame for searing..

https://www.menards.com/main/outdoors/grills-outdoor-cooking/pellet-grills/pit-boss-reg-competition-series-850-wood-pellet-grill/pb850cs1/p-4283774893895959-c-1537207499597.htm?exp=true

But while shopping around I saw this fantastic little 5 burner gas grill at Sam's Club for 300, so ill get one of those if im not happy with the "grill" function of this smoker. I looked at every grill and smoker available within an hour of where i live, and this Members Mark grill is much better quality than anything else I saw at that price point- very comparable to the Webers that are easily double the money

On 2/18/2024 at 4:57 PM, adamq said:

I initially thought that maybe "Little Boy" was just the name that they'd given to that remote control truck.  And that would be an absolutely hilarious troll job video to film.

33 minutes ago, adamq said:

@Tugboat at least i can imagine 16 washing machines stacked into a perfect 4x4 grid. Not that scary tbh

Why do all these strangely measured asteroids keep coming so close to earth in the first place?

But if you're gonna do that, just ******* say, "a Laundromat sized asteroid".  Duh.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 2:09 PM, Blackstar12 said:

Attacking a 6’5 250 athlete is crazy their lucky he was holding back.

People you absolutely do not want to get into a fight with:

1. Professional MMA fighters/boxers

2. Amateur MMA fighters/boxers

3. Anyone with a cauliflower ear

4. Professional football players (especially guys with a perfect 10.0 RAS score)

• Like 1