What are you thinking about?

pwny

3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Why don't you just strap on your job helmet and squeeze down into a job cannon and fire off into Jobland where jobs grow on jobbies?

Be careful. I was looking for jobbies one time and got a solicitation charge. Huge misunderstanding.

• Like 8

On 3/26/2024 at 4:07 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

At least this happened at 1:30 am and not during a large commuter period, but a tragedy still.  

a first responder radioed in that all oncoming traffic on to the bridge needed to be halted, so that helped.

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

a first responder radioed in that all oncoming traffic on to the bridge needed to be halted, so that helped.

You can see emergency vehicles on the bridge stopping traffic in the video. Those vehicles then go into the water though, so I'm hoping no one was in them and most people were cleared from the bridge entirely. 

Someone else said it correctly- the bridge was fine. The problem was with the ship. That's a catastrophic failure that you can bet is going to be looked at with incredible scrutiny by tons of parties. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

That's a catastrophic failure that you can bet is going to be looked at with incredible scrutiny by tons of parties. 

insurance agencies worldwide are looking at who to blame...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Limp Bizkit better be getting royalties from this.

I can't wait for his commercial.

*Limp Bizkit cracks open a can of Hot Dog Water then looks into the camera

"It's just one of those days"

Mayhem.

• Like 9

Would you guys buy a car from an auto maker going out of business? 

Reading up on Fisker, and was intrigued, but even at their price point I think it's not enough of a discount. Would have to be well further down. Also, it seems almost a foregone conclusion that they are going to enter BK and given that it's delivery base, far too much of a risk that you're just going to get screwed, I think. Maybe end up as one of their creditors in the BK proceedings. 

Not sure what the price point would have to be for me to potentially consider it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Forge said:

Would you guys buy a car from an auto maker going out of business? 

Reading up on Fisker, and was intrigued, but even at their price point I think it's not enough of a discount. Would have to be well further down. Also, it seems almost a foregone conclusion that they are going to enter BK and given that it's delivery base, far too much of a risk that you're just going to get screwed, I think. Maybe end up as one of their creditors in the BK proceedings. 

Not sure what the price point would have to be for me to potentially consider it. 

No. I don't have nearly enough confidence that I could learn all of the repair skills or have an idea of how to affordably/easily source the parts I may need once the company goes out of business for long enough to make the decreased up front investment worth it.

If I was a car guy, I'd consider it. But I'd view that more like a hobby expense that may end up paying off down the line instead of a cash savings opportunity.

My current car is 10 years old and I'm hoping to get at least another few more years out of it, but have started paying attention to the car market again and it seems like people have started to wise up to how affordable the standard sedans are overall because lord they got more expensive. An entry level BMW or Audi isn't really much more expensive (sticker price) than an Accord or Camry these days and it only took me about 5 minutes to realize the used market has gone even more bonkers. So I absolutely get the impulse to want to save money on the up front purchase because it feels like I'm gonna be spending Mercedes C class money regardless, but ultimately I couldn't sacrifice the convenience of being able to easily/affordably get the thing repaired without worrying I'd be cutting into the longevity of the car.

• Like 2