What are you thinking about?

pwny

On 4/10/2024 at 6:20 PM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

My baby started daycare beginning of March. We have been sick since the beginning of March. Good lord. Luckily we aren’t paying American prices for the joy of being ill, but babies are gross man. 

In the nicest way: get used to it lol. My immune system (I thought) was incredible. The first ~9 months my kid went to daycare, I was sick just about every other week. It was awful. I had to take some sick time at work, which I never do, and it entirely threw off my gym schedule. And even now, after that 9 months, he still comes home with some gnarly stuff every once in a while. Just this last weekend, the kid could not sleep at all the entire night and we found sores on his hands, feet, and mouth. HFM. He made a super fast recovery thank god, but those few days were hell (and of course, we had to take a few sick days from work to take care of him since he couldn't go back to daycare). That may have been the worst he's ever felt, the poor guy.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

In the nicest way: get used to it lol. My immune system (I thought) was incredible. The first ~9 months my kid went to daycare, I was sick just about every other week. It was awful. I had to take some sick time at work, which I never do, and it entirely threw off my gym schedule. And even now, after that 9 months, he still comes home with some gnarly stuff every once in a while. Just this last weekend, the kid could not sleep at all the entire night and we found sores on his hands, feet, and mouth. HFM. He made a super fast recovery thank god, but those few days were hell (and of course, we had to take a few sick days from work to take care of him since he couldn't go back to daycare). That may have been the worst he's ever felt, the poor guy.

This week was especially annoying with the stomach bug. Baby projectile vomit is no joke. I'm usually sick once the first year we switch countries and not much past that. I've been sick thrice since March. Insanity. Those daycare teachers must be damn near radioactive. 

• Like 1

Put in an offer on a house we really want. It's a really strong offer; we don't want to have any regrets on this one, so if we get beat out, it is gonna be by someone who can simply offer more than we can. Wish us luck!

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Put in an offer on a house we really want. It's a really strong offer; we don't want to have any regrets on this one, so if we get beat out, it is gonna be by someone who can simply offer more than we can. Wish us luck!

Good luck buddy let us know how it goes 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Something got me thinking again, about...how many of ya'll have actually seen a bald eagle in person?  Up close but in the wild?

It's such a 'Merikah thing, but how many Americans actually see them ever?

I’ve seen hundreds. It used to be a big deal to see one because of pesticides. But they’ve made a huge comeback. Pretty big testament that if we quit doing stupid things nature can heal itself. Lake Erie is another example. 

3 hours ago, MacReady said:

I’ve been eating beef directly from a farmer. Literally directly from a farmer. I can never go back to store bought beef.

Ever.

I have never had better tasting beef in all my life.

Everything is better directly from the source.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2024 at 9:29 AM, minutemancl said:

Winning bid was 55k over asking and they waived inspections and appraisal. It was not me lol. We apparently were the second best offer though. 

The search continues.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MacReady said:

I’ve been eating beef directly from a farmer. Literally directly from a farmer. I can never go back to store bought beef.

Ever.

I have never had better tasting beef in all my life.

Buying a portion of a cow is the best decision you can make, period. Find a good butcher and a reputable farmer and an upright freezer and enjoy. I’d recommend the same for pigs too.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Winning bid was 55k over asking and they waived inspections and appraisal. It was not me lol. We apparently were the second best offer though. 

The search continues.

My guess is that the winning bid is probably doing something crazy to that house where an inspection and an appraisal mean nothing to them, or it’s a part-time property for them and they have the money to put into whatever is wrong.  No shame in losing out to a Godfather offer.  

We have a hoarder neighbor, and have investigated a couple different areas for housing in the future with kids and we really love it here.  I’d absolutely do the same thing and go a little over/right at asking and waive those things because I’d tear the house down and add onto ours in the future.  

On 4/11/2024 at 11:40 PM, Tugboat said:

Something got me thinking again, about...how many of ya'll have actually seen a bald eagle in person?  Up close but in the wild?

A couple nest around me, and they’re pretty prevalent in the Chesapeake Bay Area.  

I’ve actually come across one perched on a flagpole while on a run, and he was tracking his prey.  

It’s also pretty fun to watch our ospreys come in and raise their young every year.  We have seven nests built in the community and they arrive mid-March and leave in August.  

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 8:40 PM, Tugboat said:

living in the American West, many many times.

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

My guess is that the winning bid is probably doing something crazy to that house where an inspection and an appraisal mean nothing to them, or it’s a part-time property for them and they have the money to put into whatever is wrong.  No shame in losing out to a Godfather offer.  

We have a hoarder neighbor, and have investigated a couple different areas for housing in the future with kids and we really love it here.  I’d absolutely do the same thing and go a little over/right at asking and waive those things because I’d tear the house down and add onto ours in the future.  

The house was immaculately maintained and owned by a professional contractor. Supposedly, the winning bid was a couple/family that had lost multiple houses over the past few months and they made, effectively, an "FU" offer that they knew they wouldn't lose with. They were sick of losing. 

Waiving the inspection would just be a personal choice where they are taking on that risk themselves. The appraisal waiver when you're financing the house is apparently just a tactic. 

On 4/11/2024 at 10:40 PM, Tugboat said:

Quite a bit both in wisconsin and arizona