What are you thinking about?

pwny

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I had no issues as far as I know. We had a cleaning lady come and try and she used it. She broke something on it, not sure what, but it was under warranty, so they fixed it no questions asked. So your chats about the durability issues might be true, but they made it right. 

Appreciate it, if they fixed it super quick that's a good sign that it's probably on the rarer side.

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Appreciate it, if they fixed it super quick that's a good sign that it's probably on the rarer side.

I shipped it out Friday and got it back by Wednesday. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, minutemancl said:

5.5 magnitude earthquake in NJ! Shook my whole house. Apparently it was felt all the way in CT. Crazy. No damage reported yet, which is great news.

It's our first day in a new house in NJ, I thought something was wrong with the house haha.  I've never felt an earthquake before so had no idea what was going on. 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 4:53 PM, Forge said:

Would you guys buy a car from an auto maker going out of business? 

Reading up on Fisker, and was intrigued, but even at their price point I think it's not enough of a discount. Would have to be well further down. Also, it seems almost a foregone conclusion that they are going to enter BK and given that it's delivery base, far too much of a risk that you're just going to get screwed, I think. Maybe end up as one of their creditors in the BK proceedings. 

Not sure what the price point would have to be for me to potentially consider it. 

Isn't Nissan buying Fisker or something so they can play in the EV game too?  Also, those things...i hate EVs because they're not public transit and cars are dumb...but those Fisker ones are so darn good looking.

On 4/5/2024 at 6:19 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Speaking of all the purchasing questions and whether or not the quality is worth it, anyone have strong opinions on where the line for a quality vacuum versus meh?

I want to get one and be done with it for a decade so I started looking at Sebo/Miele/etc, but the idea of spending upwards of a grand on a vacuum is also nuts to me on its face.

I have a Hoover one.  It basically overheats so i i have to do my little space a few hundred square feet at a time.  Which isn't ideal.  But that's also about my personal threshold for vacuuming anyway.  So it's probably time to sit down and have a drink in between anyway.  So i guess that works out alright.

Even the super expensive Dyson ones in that "style" that i've used seem to have the same problem anyway.  The electric motors just get way too hot and don't have any actual cooling system.

I'd just get a Hoover one probably.  Because like...then you can Hoover stuff up instead of Vacuuming.  And i can't think of another brand that can be used as a verb that way.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2024 at 1:53 PM, flyers0909 said:

It's our first day in a new house in NJ, I thought something was wrong with the house haha.  I've never felt an earthquake before so had no idea what was going on. 

You know that feeling most of you east coasters get when Californians complain and call sub-50-degree temperatures cold (or "freezing")?  That's the reaction a lot of us out west had to people flipping over a 5-pointer (earthquake).  I'm not saying it's something to be proud of largely being desensitized to, but as someone who used to live in a house legitimately along the San Andreas fault line, I've lived through a felt multiple upper-6's (Northridge in '94 and San Simeon in '03).  Both Northern and Southern CA average a 5-pointer every 5 years and 3- or 4-pointers at least bi-annually.

• Like 2

Just now, skywindO2 said:

You speaking from experience? 

Moreso from there being a semi-recent arson case in a neighborhood nearby.  I say arson because they were able to prove it was arson/intentional because, among other things, of the traces of accelerant found.  And while the guy was doing it to try and get out from under crippling debt, he actually managed to get himself in jail and saddle his family with ever greater debt because the fire also caught and did extensive damage to his neighbor's properties.

5 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Would it make a difference if I said I was trying to get rid of the bats that have taken over my house? 

It's honestly a pretty common mistake.  Most budget home builders simply do not install enough BatGuard (tm).

Something got me thinking again, about...how many of ya'll have actually seen a bald eagle in person?  Up close but in the wild?

It's such a 'Merikah thing, but how many Americans actually see them ever?