What are you thinking about?

pwny

8 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Make that bread

I mean, it's a good thing right now, but very soon I'm becoming a buyer in this market and that is slightly terrifying, having seen what that is like from the other side right now.

• Like 1

The last couple of years I’ve been dealing with a slight chest discomfort. Feels like light pressure in the middle/left side. I’ve done a cardiac stress test, came back clean, endoscopy thinking maybe acid reflux/gerd…came back clean, ultra sounds of my kidneys, liver etc.. all normal. 

I started taking an anxiety medication last year and it has improved things a good bit but I still get that light pressure feeling and it freaks me out. I’m a total head case and over thinker and all of these tests point towards it being anxiety but man it’s just always on my mind

Found out officially that an older neighbor is a hoarder.  Thought that based off the porch and cars, but having lived through that with my uncle………it sucks for his family.  He’s also a friendly guy.  

He had some medical issues which necessitated his family stepping in and unsure if he is coming back home.  

Didn’t mention it to his brother because it’s bad form and he had enough to worry about, but if he’s not coming home, we’re thinking of expanding our property if the price is right.  Based off what we saw come out of the house, it’s for sure a tear down, and the house isn’t even that old.  It was built 10-15 years ago along with mine.  

These hoarding situations suck.  At least they have a chance to fix it with their family.  We found out about my uncle after he passed.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

The last couple of years I’ve been dealing with a slight chest discomfort. Feels like light pressure in the middle/left side. I’ve done a cardiac stress test, came back clean, endoscopy thinking maybe acid reflux/gerd…came back clean, ultra sounds of my kidneys, liver etc.. all normal. 

I started taking an anxiety medication last year and it has improved things a good bit but I still get that light pressure feeling and it freaks me out. I’m a total head case and over thinker and all of these tests point towards it being anxiety but man it’s just always on my mind

Do you notice any trends about when it gets worse or better?

I've had to put a fair bit of work into learning how to feel feelings in different parts of my body as an adult. It's very different than what I grew up with, but I also get anxiety in my chest, anger in my hands/feet, guilt/shame in my gut, and sadness in my throat/upper chest.

Paradoxically,  it may be a good thing if the anxiety has always been there and what changes is your level of self-awareness.

17 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Do you notice any trends about when it gets worse or better?

I've had to put a fair bit of work into learning how to feel feelings in different parts of my body as an adult. It's very different than what I grew up with, but I also get anxiety in my chest, anger in my hands/feet, guilt/shame in my gut, and sadness in my throat/upper chest.

Paradoxically,  it may be a good thing if the anxiety has always been there and what changes is your level of self-awareness.

Not particularly. I’m a pretty anxious person in general though haha. But it doesn’t feel worse after running around; laying down, eating etc. I haven’t been able to pin point anything really

28 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm genuinely concerned a family member of mine is, but I don't even know the warning signs...

Are they shifty as far as you or other family coming to their house?  Like…..do they always want to meet you somewhere or come to your house?  How does their car look when you see it?  Those are the biggest warning signs I’d see first.  

On 3/14/2024 at 1:26 PM, skywindO2 said:

A frozen Reese's Peanut Butter Egg really just hits different, easily the best part about Easter. 

Really just frozen Reese's anything.  Just better that way.

But the particular ratio of peanut butter filling to chocolate definitely makes the biggest impact with things like the Eggs.  If they're not frozen, the chemicals in there just make them way too soft and gooey.  It's not great.

But frozen.  They're so good.  And so much less work to unwrap than the stupid miniatures that are the next best thing the rest of the year.

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Speaking of frozen, its girl scout cookie season. Thin mints should go immediately into the freezer.

They call them "Guides" here.  It's a lot less presumptive and suggestive or something idk.

But their mints still go in the freezer.

• Like 2

On the subject of chocolate/candy, my brother in law is 12 and is like many 12 year olds obsessed with Mr. Beast. I enjoy watching the videos with him too. Anyway, his chocolate recipe changed and... man... its much better. I lowkey have eaten like....3 in the last week.