Raiders re-sign David Irving

agarcia34

Very good, albeit not that major news. Yes we probably expected too much from him initially and he needed to find his legs.  

I think he could still be a really good pickup for us.  He’s got the length and pass rush we need.  He’s good versus the run.  And he can play all over the line.  Hes probably not going to start but he can be a real contributor for us.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Very good, albeit not that major news. Yes we probably expected too much from him initially and he needed to find his legs.  

I think he could still be a really good pickup for us.  He’s got the length and pass rush we need.  He’s good versus the run.  And he can play all over the line.  Hes probably not going to start but he can be a real contributor for us.

won't change our offseason plans, but a nice low risk/ mid upside signing. With the state of the DL, prolly makes the team. He's actually been good in the past, unlike most on the DL. 

• Like 1

My offseason targets were to re-sign Irving and get another big 5T/3T hybrid in Roy Robertson-Harris.  Irving is more boom or bust but both would be good low cost signings.  Nice that we brought back Irving.  He really just needs some time to get back in shape.  May never reach his peak from his Cowboy days but can still become a solid contributor.  Good luck sir.

To be honest based on his history and talent, I think he has the potential to be hey Darren Waller type steal on the Defense with a good offseason and he stays healthy. It also gives us a little bit of flexibility to get an outside pass rusher like Jalen Phillips or Azeez Ojalari. I personally also wouldn't mind Barmore even with this move.