Cowboys and Dak agree to deal

Forge

Just now, Tk3 said:

Let's say every year we rank QBs by performance. And we also rank QBs by pay/cap hit

During any of the 4 years in this contract does his performance ranking exceed his payscale ranking?

It's a genuine question, but I think for the entirety of his contract he will be underperforming those dollars relative to his peers

Just my 2 cents

I completely agree

I also think that in 2016, 2018, and 2019 that Dak might have been the best value at QB.

That does not help Dallas now, but it was their reality then.

Just now, .Buzz said:

By year 3 or 4 I think there's a real chance. 

It's possible. It depends on the contracts that the 2018 guys get. But unless they surprise me, I don't think Dak is dropping out of top 5 pay any time soon.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Either way, the alternative is...find a new QB? If you have a top 10ish QB coming off a rookie deal this is whats going to end up happening.

If only there was an even better QB, on a more favorable contract, who wants to go there

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

By year 3 or 4 I think there's a real chance. 

Either way, the alternative is...find a new QB? If you have a top 10ish QB coming off a rookie deal this is whats going to end up happening.

Someday, someone is going to do it. Someone is going to be arrogant and confident enough to think that they can pull it off. I mean, Dallas has a reasonable chance to go get a QB if they wanted one this year. They could have have traded Dak for a pretty decent haul, I'd imagine. It's a risk either way of course, and this FO and this head coaching staff isn't the type that is going to do it most likely, but there was an opportunity here if they wanted it. I'm going to be really excited when a team really tries it. I just so badly want to see how it works out lol. 

Just now, Tk3 said:

It's possible. It depends on the contracts that the 2018 guys get. But unless they surprise me, I don't think Dak is dropping out of top 5 pay any time soon.

If only there was an even better QB, on a more favorable contract, who wants to go there

While also having to give up just how much to acquire said player, who likely will also want to be restructured?

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Someday, someone is going to do it. Someone is going to be arrogant and confident enough to think that they can pull it off. I mean, Dallas has a reasonable chance to go get a QB if they wanted one this year. They could have have traded Dak for a pretty decent haul, I'd imagine. It's a risk either way of course, and this FO and this head coaching staff isn't the type that is going to do it most likely, but there was an opportunity here if they wanted it. I'm going to be really excited when a team really tries it. I just so badly want to see how it works out lol. 

As a fan of a team who's never had a franchise QB in our 25+ year history...best of luck to whoever does it.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Seattle was close back in 3018 for the number one pick I believe to select Josh Allen. It had to be close for them to narrow down who they would of selected would of probably been a passable move 

• Like 1

Just now, .Buzz said:

As a fan of a team who's never had a franchise QB in our 25+ year history...best of luck to whoever does it.

For sure. Ultimately, I think that it likely doesn't make a ton of difference to be honest. Take a QB, give him a genius coach / offensive mind surrounded by a ton more talent then the high dollar guys and you probably get comparable results. But I always like it when teams try to be bold