Cowboys and Dak agree to deal

Forge

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

The market continuously get reset just like any other position. 

It's a lot but this is how it works.

Let's say every year we rank QBs by performance. And we also rank QBs by pay/cap hit

During any of the 4 years in this contract does his performance ranking exceed his payscale ranking?

It's a genuine question, but I think for the entirety of his contract he will be underperforming those dollars relative to his peers

Just my 2 cents

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

The market continuously get reset just like any other position. 

It's a lot but this is how it works.

Always depends on the structure, but based on initial impressions, hard to be completely in love with it unless they are expecting a truly huge jump in the salary cap for 2022. I'm talking 183 this year to like 210 followed by 220 in 2023. If it only goes up to like 190-195 and then 200 - 205, this is going to be an anchor to try and build a winning team around. 

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

Let's say every year we rank QBs by performance. And we also rank QBs by pay/cap hit

During any of the 4 years in this contract does his performance ranking exceed his payscale ranking?

It's a genuine question, but I think for the entirety of his contract he will be underperforming those dollars relative to his peers

Just my 2 cents

By year 3 or 4 I think there's a real chance. 

Either way, the alternative is...find a new QB? If you have a top 10ish QB coming off a rookie deal this is whats going to end up happening.

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I wonder how many of you that said that "Jerry better do right by Dak" are also criticizing this contract

I'm not sure who said that when he got hurt (sadly, part of the business), but in fairness to them, there's a pretty big area under this that could have still been considered "taking care of Dak" lol.