What's your draft big board? 2021 edition!

RaidersAreOne

There's a bunch of young guys I like such as Moehrig, Eichenberg, Grant, Nixon, Barmore, Jenkins, Dickerson but they all seem to be in that 'no man's land' of value right between our picks at 17 and 48. Hard to know if the real teams big boards will reflect the kind of ratings that the draft outlets have though..... there's usually a guy or two that teams seem to value much higher......

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

There's a bunch of young guys I like such as Moehrig, Eichenberg, Grant, Nixon, Barmore, Jenkins, Dickerson but they all seem to be in that 'no man's land' of value right between our picks at 17 and 48. Hard to know if the real teams big boards will reflect the kind of ratings that the draft outlets have though..... there's usually a guy or two that teams seem to value much higher......

I just read a post by someone which said that after the top 13-15 or so guys, there are about 30 tier 2 players that seem to be ranked similarly and that one team’s no. 16 might be another team’s no. 50.

Just shows how little we all actually know about how teams have their boards ranked and how much of a nonsense it is for fans to claim player a) is a must pick if there at 17 and player b) would be a massive reach.

• Like 3

I would be happy with quite a few players at 17. The one player mocked to us I would be worried with would be Barmore - bit even with him, I would be excited about the impact he could had if (and it’s a big if), he lives up to his potential. Any of the below list I would be fine with(the lower down I would ideally hope we could trade back, but know that’s never that easy to pull off).

I would assume Parsons has gone and don’t feel we are a team who should risk Phillips.

While I have warmed to the idea of taking an easy olineman early, I would still prefer to go defense as we haven’t done nearly enough to move the needle from what has a record breakingly bad season.

1. JOK - just really high on him and is what the raiders have been crying out for since the change become a passing league

2. Ojulari - can never have too many pass rushers plus we only have Ngokue for 2 years

3. Paye - see above

4. Jenkins - just live his physicality and think he fits the outside zone and will improve the run game - which needs it. Plus looks to be a RT - where the need is greatest

5. AVT - like just as much as Jenkins, but think he may be a better guard than RT (although still think he can)

6. Darrisaw - slightly lower on him as I have read a couple of reports that he seemed to take his foot of the gas or was gassed during some games - plus we don’t know if he will transition to RT)

7. Moehrig - would be fine with him at 17 as he just looks like his floor is high enough to come in and lay at a high level in a position if real need

Interested to look into Grant a bit more too as if we do move down a bit, he seems like someone who would fall into them at really large tier 2 group and order badly doesn’t last until 48

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

17 is super high for these players. I would guess around 25 if not later.

26 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

17 is super high for these players. I would guess around 25 if not later.

That would be ideal, trade down into the 20s and add an extra pick or two in the 2nd or 3rd. We can still get the guy we could want and get an extra player too. I don't see Gruden/Mayock doing that though. I'd only stand pat if a guy like Phillips is there tbh.

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Pigeon holed in on RT and FS in the draft currently. 

If that the case, I hope to see them trade back and add some needed picks for an ailing defense. 17 is to high for a FS and there is a lot of talent at OT

But we'll reach for need in the first two rounds like we always do.

QB Trevor

T Sewell

LB Parsons...Think a bigger, faster Jamal Adams type. (read that somewhere but can't remember)

All the others LOL would take Slater over Darrisaw but no other OL @ 17   

Doesn't seem like a draft to move up for anybody because we need a lot of help specifically RT and FS as already mentioned and 17/48 might be too high (17) and too low (48) 

Would love to trade down with the Jets and trade 17/48/80 for 23/34/66 Jax at 25/33/65 would also work but I'd rather have the two higher spots in the 1st as the sweet spot for the other Tackles and FS.

30 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But we'll reach for need in the first two rounds like we always do.

I see them reaching for FS at 17 with the thought being OT is deep. Thus getting an inferior value at 17 at FS and inferior talent at OT with pick 48 for the 2 positions. 

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I see them reaching for FS at 17 with the thought being OT is deep. Thus getting an inferior value at 17 at FS and inferior talent at OT with pick 48 for the 2 positions. 

If I had to bet money on it I'd guess #17 is either Moehrig or Jenkins with Grant being a dark horse. 

• Like 1

With regard to potential RTs we might look at I see Teven Jenkins projected to us a lot but that leads me to thinking that the types of tackles we've gone after have been very tall, athletic types like Miller and Parker, even Trent Brown when he was in shape is very athletic and long. Wouldn't Cable be more likely to be pushing for a guy like Radunz, Brown or Cosmi or even later on guys like Doyle or Christensen? Obviously they are less polished but having seen the progress of Miller I think we can give a little benefit of the doubt for once 😁 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Pigeon holed in on RT and FS in the draft currently. 

If that the case, I hope to see them trade back and add some needed picks for an ailing defense. 17 is to high for a FS and there is a lot of talent at OT

That seals it.  We're trading up for Kyle Pitts. 😂

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

This is exactly what will happen. Could be the other way round - but we will pick these positions early, regardless of value at the time of the picks.

Similar to last year where it was obvious we needed a WR and CB. And in hindsight, we possibly tackled it in the wrong order and we’re left flailing with pick 19.

Needing starters at certain positions from early draft picks will force you into decisions you don’t want to take. Instead of going into this draft targeting difference makers for our terrible defense, we will be using the best chance we have for that to fill needs