Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Well, it finally happened. I had a kid in class who just told me/the counselor just confirmed her stepdad died from Covid. Super sad.

That's horrible man, so sorry to hear that.

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

As somebody who lives in a hurricane area and dealt with these things since Hurricane Alisha in 1985 - all I'll say is home is home. Sure, the storms worry you; This storm didn't even head in my direction, but I was charting it the minute it got into the Gulf, like I do pretty much any storm that gets into the Gulf.

We have an evacuation plan as well as a stay-at-home plan for storms, which is all you can really do in these instances - stay ready, stay diligent, be ready to hit the road, have your Homeowners Insurance information handy, let anyone outside of the area know you're okay...

But, yeah. Houston is home, I'm not going to let a big storm scare me. 

(Freezing weather, on the other hand...? Nope. I'm done).

I meant sensible people, but thank you for your response.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

For real though, this movie was so insanely good lol.

firmly in my top 10 all time. The way it explores how the nature/nurture aspect to hate while also blending tones so seamlessly and in a way that makes the big beats hit so much harder is chefs kiss. 

• Like 2

@MWil23 so we’re closing the schools for a week and then instituting a 3 week mask mandate because so many of these inbred ******* illiterate hicks would rather chug ivermectin and **** their guts out or down malaria treatment until their heart stops or whatever the next brilliant solution these goober *** mouth breathers can come up with next as opposed to wearing a mask and getting a vaccine.

Who could have possibly predicted this!?!?  

Maybe these schmucks can just stick to cleaning cow turds off their boots and let people who finished the 5th grade worry about healthcare…

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@MWil23 so we’re closing the schools for a week and then instituting a 3 week mask mandate because so many of these inbred ******* illiterate hicks would rather chug ivermectin and **** their guts out or down malaria treatment until their heart stops or whatever the next brilliant solution these goober *** mouth breathers can come up with next as opposed to wearing a mask and getting a vaccine.

Who could have possibly predicted this!?!?  

Maybe these schmucks can just stick to cleaning cow turds off their boots and let people who finished the 5th grade worry about healthcare…

I live in the most conservative community in Southwest Ohio, and both the local K-12 and Christian university mandated masks and cancelled in person chapel. I’m super proud of them both. It’s downright alarming what’s going on right now! We haven’t even mandated masks 7-12 yet, and in the 9th grade building alone there are currently 226 positives, quarantines, or contact with a positive yet fully vaccinated cases!!!!

I’d almost love to see what the past 18 months and probably 3 year period is going to do to me long term. I’ve already had it twice, probably both from school/coaching.

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I live in the most conservative community in Southwest Ohio, and both the local K-12 and Christian university mandated masks and cancelled in person chapel. I’m super proud of them both. It’s downright alarming what’s going on right now! We haven’t even mandated masks 7-12 yet, and in the 9th grade building alone there are currently 226 positives, quarantines, or contact with a positive yet fully vaccinated cases!!!!

I’d almost love to see what the past 18 months and probably 3 year period is going to do to me long term. I’ve already had it twice, probably both from school/coaching.

Just mandate masks statewide already.  DeWine is ****ting the bed tbh.

f these hillbillies feelings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Just mandate masks statewide already.  DeWine is ****ting the bed tbh.

f these hillbillies feelings.

I’m over all of it tbh. It’s become a meme at this point. One of my wife’s friends asked her what she did when she got Covid last October, (her friend now has it and is miserable), and I told her to say to her that her husband drove her to the ER, he then was sick for 3 months afterwards, and then they both got the vaccine so as not to ever feel like that again, after trying to get sleep for a few days while sick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I’m over all of it tbh. It’s become a meme at this point. One of my wife’s friends asked her what she did when she got Covid last October, (her friend now has it and is miserable), and I told her to say to her that her husband drove her to the ER, he then was sick for 3 months afterwards, and then they both got the vaccine so as not to ever feel like that again, after trying to get sleep for a few days while sick.

It just doesn’t have to be like this.  There’s an obvious, easy, cheap solution but people are too up in their feelings to implement it.

Like, no one likes masks.  I don’t like masks.  I’m incredible looking ffs 😂. But this is the reality of the situation.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It just doesn’t have to be like this.  There’s an obvious, easy, cheap solution but people are too up in their feelings to implement it.

Like, no one likes masks.  I don’t like masks.  I’m incredible looking ffs 😂. But this is the reality of the situation.

Alright whatcha drinking…? 😂😂😂

I just had a glass 🥃 of Evan Williams white label. Helps me go to sleep after a busy day. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Alright whatcha drinking…? 😂😂😂

I just had a glass 🥃 of Evan Williams white label. Helps me go to sleep after a busy day. 

Lol not drinking, just irate as hell.

This was obvious, inevitable and preventable by taking the simplest of steps.  We literally did it all last year.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol not drinking, just irate as hell.

This was obvious, inevitable and preventable by taking the simplest of steps.  We literally did it all last year.

Good news, my wife’s boss/the dean of pharmacy thinks the next variant is going to hit hard post Thanksgiving and be just as bad as last year that time. Not joking. She just told me.