Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yeah, I've heard the people getting Moderna are very sad after the second. My stepbrother, cousin's friend, and others said it was awful for a day. My cousin got his second on Thursday and said he had some itchiness at the injection site for a few minutes and his Fitbit told him his temp rose 1.5 degrees but he never noticed. Said other than that, it was basically nothing.

Just trying to see what I'm in for when I get my second at 4:30 a week from Tuesday. Doesn't seem like it'll be that bad but whatever, better than Covid.

Yeah, if you normally don’t have issues with shots, you should be fine. It’s hard because there is the placebo effect that happens where psychological symptoms manifest because you’re so worried versus actual symptoms from the vaccine.

Edited by Xenos

4 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

There's a surge going on here also. If people aren't going to the hospital, I'm not worried. 

Are we having a surge right now? I feel like we’re always a few weeks behind Europe. Optimism is that our vaccine rollout has gone smoother than theirs. But it’s still something to monitor.

I got my shot yesterday morning around 9:30am. Side effects hit me around 4:30/5ish pm. Chills/fever/headache/bodyaches. Temperature hovered around 101. Fever broke today around 10:30 am. Still have a headache though and taking stuff every four hours.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Are we having a surge right now? I feel like we’re always a few weeks behind Europe. Optimism is that our vaccine rollout has gone smoother than theirs. But it’s still something to monitor.

The top 4 numbers are obviously incorrect but according to https://reproduction.live/world/US we certainly are going through one assuming the integrity of this has not been compromised. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

I got my shot yesterday morning around 9:30am. Side effects hit me around 4:30/5ish pm. Chills/fever/headache/bodyaches. Temperature hovered around 101. Fever broke today around 10:30 am. Still have a headache though and taking stuff every four hours.

Which did you get? Those seem like aggressive side effects for the first dose. Hope your second is better assuming this wasn't J&J

30 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Lucky! Lol. Hope the headache goes away soon. Glad to hear it's getting better. 

Thanks. It's getting better. I only got it cause I'm a teacher and the district set it all up. I wish everyone could get it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

Thanks. It's getting better. I only got it cause I'm a teacher and the district set it all up. I wish everyone could get it.

Glad to hear you’re getting better. It’s only an issue if it does not show signs of improving after 72 hours. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

The top 4 numbers are obviously incorrect but according to https://reproduction.live/world/US we certainly are going through one assuming the integrity of this has not been compromised. 

Interesting. It seems that Fauci thinks the surge is not here yet. And he’s been warning about the same relaxation of restrictions potentially causing the same issues here as it did in Europe.

Some good news for restaurants hit hard by the pandemic:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/03/12/976545607/relief-bill-means-a-good-nights-sleep-for-food-industry-says-nyc-restaurateur

Chef Amanda Cohen, owner of New York City restaurant Dirt Candy and a co-founder of the coalition, said those in the restaurant industry breathed a sigh of relief when the bill became law.

"I'm sure it's the first time many of us had a good night's sleep in a year," she tells NPR's All Things Considered. 

Dirt Candy, Cohen says, is considered a destination restaurant, meaning the majority of its profits come from tourists. With tourism still lagging, Dirt Candy continues to face major losses; the restaurant made just $500 on Tuesday night — a far cry from its $12,000 pre-pandemic nightly average, she says. 

The $28.6 billion "is enough money to take us through at least the end of the year, if not — longer," Cohen says.