Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

That goes without saying but I don't see why schools wouldn't be trying to open asap

Because teachers and staff are worried. And rightfully so since they are the ones most at risk. Luckily the more data we get, the closer we get to opening up schools correctly.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

That goes without saying but I don't see why schools wouldn't be trying to open asap

My school has been open since August. Tbh, I wish all would follow suit. 22 million kids haven’t been to school in over a year and 3 million nationwide have disappeared and are completely unaccounted for. It’s time to look at the law of unintended consequences with what’s happening to our youth in all of this.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

Because teachers and staff are worried. And rightfully so since they are the ones most at risk. Luckily the more data we get, the closer we get to opening up schools correctly.

Millions and millions of other people have managed to keep working and accept some risk. The one cdc article from a while ago was more worried about teachers getting covid outside the class room and bringing it in than them getting it in the classroom

• Like 1

Millions and millions of other people have managed to keep working and accept some risk. The one cdc article from a while ago was more worried about teachers getting covid outside the class room and bringing it in than them getting it in the classroom

Every situation is different. And that’s not even going into how different each school is regarding resources and access. Vaccination opening up to teachers recently as well as the relief bill will help.

Edited by Xenos

@ramssuperbowl99 I've been trying to look around but, when I'm eligible on Monday, how do I go about making an appointment? The only thing I've found is a phone number for my city's health department to call and try to make an appointment but it says we can also go to clinics/pharmacies. Do we just call clinics/pharmacies trying to get in or are there websites we can use? And can we only go someplace in our county? 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

@ramssuperbowl99 I've been trying to look around but, when I'm eligible on Monday, how do I go about making an appointment? The only thing I've found is a phone number for my city's health department to call and try to make an appointment but it says we can also go to clinics/pharmacies. Do we just call clinics/pharmacies trying to get in or are there websites we can use? And can we only go someplace in our county? 

Here's the vaccine registry link: https://vaccinate.wi.gov/en-US/

Go there and fill out your details, and then when you're eligible you should be able to get an appointment scheduled.

EDIT: And here's the map of vaccine providers: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/vaccine-map.htm

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Found this portal for Milwaukee county: https://mke-vaccines.egov.com/

This is why the feds should have done this ****. One portal.

Thanks. I did the questionnaire anyways considering Wauwatosa was on there and I'm in West Allis so it's close enough. That second site says city of Milwaukee so I'm not sure I'm eligible for their doses but who knows. It says no appointments available anyways right now.

This is so damn confusing though. I'll probably call the WAHD and see if there are any appointments through them. I'm sure they'll be able to give me more information as well. Thanks again.

6 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Millions and millions of other people have managed to keep working and accept some risk.

Couldn't agree more.  There's nothing special about teachers that should exempt them from doing what millions of other Americans have done by continuing to provide essential in person services that are part of their jobs.

36 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Couldn't agree more.  There's nothing special about teachers that should exempt them from doing what millions of other Americans have done by continuing to provide essential in person services that are part of their jobs.

I think this post should be worded better. The stupid is strong with this one.

20 hours ago, mission27 said:

With a vaccine and teachers eligible, at this point the debate about whether or not teachers should accept the level of risk is moot anyway. With teachers/staff able to get the vaccine, that should open schools with reasonable mask wearing until safety in the vaccine is established in children.

These past few weeks have shown that we can loosen restrictions without seeing cases explode. Let's keep taking baby steps.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

With a vaccine and teachers eligible, at this point the debate about whether or not teachers should accept the level of risk is moot anyway. With teachers/staff able to get the vaccine, that should open schools with reasonable mask wearing until safety in the vaccine is established in the children.

These past few weeks have shown that we can loosen restrictions without seeing cases explode. Let's keep taking baby steps.

I agree 100%

Sent from an orgy rave in Miami Beach 

• Like 1

Anybody else who has had it have their sense of smell come and go for like a month? 

I don't remember when I got it, but I stopped feeling like **** in about two days, couldn't smell anything for about a week, then I could recognize smells again (they were off, but I knew if something smelt bad/fruity/etc).  Then it kinda came and went and now I still can't smell anything regularly.  Every now and then I'll recognize I smelled something, but then later I'll try smelling something and nothing. 

It's been like a month.