Chiefs Releasing Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz

Turnobili

9 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Retiring after being drafted in 2012. Dang. Seems unreal.

If retirement is in the cards then his back injury is probably more serious then it was presented. The idea of both Fisher and Schwartz coming off serious injuries may not be ready for week 1 and with the money that they have invested in both made sense to cut ties now rather then trying to extend them not knowing what their health would be in the future. Gets them close to under cap and they can focus on oline in the draft or FA without questioning whether or not these two would be ready to play week 1

Edited by soflbillsfan

2 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

why would the eagles want to do that? 

Full rebuild. It'd be what's best for us at this point. but as for dillard. Mailata has come in and really done well for us. Don't see a need to rock the boat.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

Would the Chiefs be able to trade for Lane Johnson maybe? Andre Dillard?

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

why would the eagles want to do that? 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Full rebuild. It'd be what's best for us at this point. but as for dillard. Mailata has come in and really done well for us. Don't see a need to rock the boat.

I know there's word from beat reporters that Lurie is OK with going young and starting over.   But Roseman's still on the hot seat.  Unless the Chiefs (or any other team) is willing to massively overpay, I don't think trading away young T's is going to be on Roseman's to-do list.     Different story if the guy is older.   

I get the sentiment that Mailata may be able to do the job - but having 3 T's to count on is just smart roster management.   And Dillard's level of play so far doesn't sound like it will dictate an overpay, either. 

Just now, Danger said:

If you want Hurts to succeed you need to get your oline healthy not to mention the cost of trading them would cost more then keeping them. Lane is going to be a massive hit to the cap while Dillard is still on his rookie deal. I guess if you were given a significant offer for dillard it could be done but him coming off a serious injury I doubt someone throws a ton of draft capital for him. 

Just now, Broncofan said:

I get the sentiment that Mailata may be able to do the job - but having 3 T's to count on is just smart roster management.   And Dillard's level of play so far doesn't sound like it will dictate an overpay, either. 

Dillard handled Von Miller in his rookie season. He was actually great when he was not out of position playing on the right side.

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

If you want Hurts to succeed you need to get your oline healthy not to mention the cost of trading them would cost more then keeping them. Lane is going to be a massive hit to the cap while Dillard is still on his rookie deal. I guess if you were given a significant offer for dillard it could be done but him coming off a serious injury I doubt someone throws a ton of draft capital for him. 

I have zero confidence in Hurts.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Dillard handled Von Miller in his rookie season. He was actually great when he was not out of position playing on the right side.

One good game vs. 31 others isn't really going to sway teams.   Either way, though, Dillard's play in 2020 isn't likely to inspire buyers to look at him like a must-acquire property, but more of a "worth a shot if he's that cheap".   That's seldom a formula for finding teams that will overpay.   FWIW, I thought that was one of Roseman's strongest moves to move up for him - he was clearly the best guy left, and at the time, looked like a decent T prospect.   And he might be that guy - it's just that it's one thing to project - it's another thing for teams to pay for that projection.

The other part - it's a very heavy 2021 draft class for T's.    Not just top-end talent, but the day 2 talent pool is very good.   I just don't think teams are going to pay for anyone who's lost a little shine off their lustre, when the options are a lot deeper and even cheaper than in other years.    The teams that own rookie-deal guys will see their value higher than other teams having to pay to acquire them - unless the supply far outstrips the demand.  I don't that applies here, either.  Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Edited by Broncofan