NFL Free Agency 2021

KingTitan

37 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I think there will also be some really good Robin's in the draft for cheaper too

It was mentioned about our long history with WRs.
But really need to only look at Robinson
For Reference:
He has drafted
Taywan Taylor, Jonnu Smith, Corey Davis, AJ Brown, Tajae Sharpe

Brought in:
Rishard Matthews, Eric Decker, Adam Humphries, Anthony Firsker

If anything, that has proven to be a good track record of bringing in WR/receiving talent. I missed some other guys that were Undrafted likely but those are the major ones.

Taylor and Decker could be seen as "busts."   Sharpe did well for a 5th rounder. 

I have a faith that he will pick the right guys based on that track record.  We might not sign them back for big contacts. lol but we will get good years from them. 

Some teams just trust their ability to find talent. Steelers do it for years. 

Us fans have been burned for so long with WRs that we can't see that we've actually been good at picking guys since Robinson got here. 
Now we have Tanny who can get them the ball. 

So I'm going to trust that in a WR talented draft that Robinson will be able to pick a guy that will be able to do well for us. 

Can he find an edge?  Dunno. lol

13 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Good lord.

Yeah that's cheap but he chose to take less and play with the corpse of Big Ben instead of taking more and playing with Mahomes. He wasn't going to come here

Edited by dtait93

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

It was mentioned about our long history with WRs.
But really need to only look at Robinson
For Reference:
He has drafted
Taywan Taylor, Jonnu Smith, Corey Davis, AJ Brown, Tajae Sharpe

Brought in:
Rishard Matthews, Eric Decker, Adam Humphries, Anthony Firsker

If anything, that has proven to be a good track record of bringing in WR/receiving talent. I missed some other guys that were Undrafted likely but those are the major ones.

Taylor and Decker could be seen as "busts."   Sharpe did well for a 5th rounder. 

I have a faith that he will pick the right guys based on that track record.  We might not sign them back for big contacts. lol but we will get good years from them. 

Some teams just trust their ability to find talent. Steelers do it for years. 

Us fans have been burned for so long with WRs that we can't see that we've actually been good at picking guys since Robinson got here. 
Now we have Tanny who can get them the ball. 

So I'm going to trust that in a WR talented draft that Robinson will be able to pick a guy that will be able to do well for us. 

I honestly feel like this list isn’t that impressive. You have AJ, which is great. And then a mix of a couple 2s (CD as a good one, Matthews as a meh one), a couple 4s, and Taywan Taylor. Humphries didn’t work out, Taylor was a disaster, Decker was nothing, and Tajae is a fine end of the depth chart piece.

I also really struggle to balance the idea of using CD as evidence of proper receiver evaluation. Because if the argument is that he’s easily replaceable, isn’t the fact that we spent a top five pick on him kind of evidence of failed evaluation?

Don't get me wrong, it’s certainly better than it was, but it’s really just building an entire reputation around the one guy. Because without AJ, you’re looking at CD as far and away the best player in a group that includes a top five pick, two priority FA signings and a Day 2 pick. And I’m being told that he’s pretty easily replaceable.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

I honestly feel like this list isn’t that impressive. You have AJ, which is great. And then a mix of a couple 2s (CD as a good one, Matthews as a meh one), a couple 4s, and Taywan Taylor. Humphries didn’t work out, Taylor was a disaster, Decker was nothing, and Tajae is a fine end of the depth chart piece.

I also really struggle to balance the idea of using CD as evidence of proper receiver evaluation. Because if the argument is that he’s easily replaceable, isn’t the fact that we spent a top five pick on him kind of evidence of failed evaluation?

Don't get me wrong, it’s certainly better than it was, but it’s really just building an entire reputation around the one guy. Because without AJ, you’re looking at CD as far and away the best player in a group that includes a top five pick, two priority FA signings and a Day 2 pick. And I’m being told that he’s pretty easily replaceable.

Well in a situation where we need an #2 and depth, isn't that right down the alley of him since we have AJ?

But if you feel like this isn't impressive, would you actually have liked anything Robinson would have done, based on his history? It would been a high chance that based on his history of what he likes in WR and your own view that you would not like the choice for WR. 

But Corey isn't "easily" replaceable but is replaceable. AJ is a talent that isn't replaceable. Henry is a RB that isn't replaceable. Guys like that just don't come along often.
A guy that had the skills of Corey could be found in this current landscape of football at a greater rate. 
That's my view. Which is obviously different than yours. 

The main thing I'm trying to fight is being unrealistic with our expectations. Not saying you or really many here, but on Twitter it is rampant.
The thought that we were going to sign names at every spot. 
Going to have talent at every WR spot. (Brown, Juju, Hilton, draft pick, Tate) 

it's fun to play GM, but at the same time I try to stay grounded and in the moment. The moment says Robinson and the Titans are redoing deals, no matter how much the cry might be for it to be done. Frustrating to some, I get it. 

Me? I've accepted that and operating with that as the reason for the absence of certain moves. 
Not gonna convince you otherwise... :) I get that too. 
I'll be in the fire with you opening day if we roll out there with AJ, Batson and Firker as our starters and score 10 points a game. And play the should woulda could game. 

2 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Bro. W T F. Did you see the second video? Who is this dude? One look at this guy's Instagram and I would have never drafted him. This has to be one the dumbest picks ever. Jrob better bring that heat this draft. 

Lol yea I missed the 2nd one and posted it. So glad that loser is gone.

55 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Bro. W T F. Did you see the second video? Who is this dude? One look at this guy's Instagram and I would have never drafted him. This has to be one the dumbest picks ever. Jrob better bring that heat this draft. 

Give me all the Wilson videos you can give me now. lol

He is now more entertaining. :)