the free agent frenzy 2021 - a thread to discuss what teams with money are doing with it

FinneasGage

how many big splsahes gute gonna make today  

25 members have voted

1. 1. how many

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Knew this off-season was going to suck because we only have one shot in the chamber likely. Has been just that.

Samuel and Peterson were both top 5 on my wish list.

Hopefully we get Sherman and spend a high pick on a CB.

If we do any shopping it is in the bargin aisle this year. However, it looks like we keep the majority of the team together which is a very strong point

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Ross Uglem -   He (Peterson) has not looked like the same guy for two years. Needs a massive revitalization or a position switch.

Arizona have jusy as much cap as the Vikes and it is quite a statement that they choose not to sign him up. I think he is washed up. I hope he is...

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Knew this off-season was going to suck because we only have one shot in the chamber likely. Has been just that.

We only have "one shot in the chamber" because apparently we want to be conservative with 12's contract. If the Packers wanted, they could do what the Chiefs and Bucs just did and free up about $20 million overnight. It appears the Packers simply don't want to do that. 

1 minute ago, Brit Pack said:

If we do any shopping it is in the bargin aisle this year. However, it looks like we keep the majority of the team together which is a very strong point

Depends, we can clear 10m from Adams extension and probably 15m from a Rodgers restructure. That would give us enough for a decent contract. Just depends how many chips our FO wants to put in. Knowing them, it'll be minimal and will will bargain shop.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Don't hold your breath .. we will likely get next to nothing and not like it.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

We only have "one shot in the chamber" because apparently we want to be conservative with 12's contract. If the Packers wanted, they could do what the Chiefs and Bucs just did and free up about $20 million overnight. It appears the Packers simply don't want to do that. 

Why restructure Rodgers until you have agreements in place? 

We didn't move Jordy until we had a commitment from Graham. We didn't cut Perry until we had Z and Preston.

• Like 3

Just now, Chili said:

Didn't people think Woodson was done when he joined us. He got very little interest in FA. We all know what happened afterwards.

No reason why Peterson cannot do the same. As far as I can tell he has been largely injury free in his career so he hasn't got anything to really hold him back.

Father Time's holding him back.

Each time you see him turn to sprint down the sideline or seam....visualize Father Time's hand witb a hold of his jersey....slowing him down :)

Just now, Leader said:

Ross Uglem -   He (Peterson) has not looked like the same guy for two years. Needs a massive revitalization or a position switch.

Didn't people think Woodson was done when he joined us. He got very little interest in FA. We all know what happened afterwards.

No reason why Peterson cannot do the same. As far as I can tell he had a largely injury free career so he hasn't got anything that might physically hold him back. Like Woodson he came out of college a highly talented prospect and became a lockdown corner in the NFL. Like Woodson he comes with vast experience and a long list of accolades.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm a disappointed in the restructure of Z Smith ( felt an extension made better sense) and the non announcement on an Adams extension.  

The conservative plan feels like a run it back with a few less player on the OL, RB, CB positions.  

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Why restructure Rodgers until you have agreements in place? 

We didn't move Jordy until we had a commitment from Graham. We didn't cut Perry until we had Z and Preston.

Well if that's the case, your initial statement shouldn't be correct. If the Packers are truly willing to move as much of 12's contract as needed, they can go sign whoever the hell they want. "Finding money" isn't an issue in the NFL.