the free agent frenzy 2021 - a thread to discuss what teams with money are doing with it

FinneasGage

how many big splsahes gute gonna make today  

25 members have voted

1. 1. how many

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Greene was the epitome of a JAG.  He wasn't particularly great at it, and you can't justify putting the tender on him.  It was the right move.

Agreed.  It doesn't mean we don't bring him back, we just don't believe there is any competition for his services.  If he's healthy, I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the 90, but also wouldn't blink if he's not.

Edited by Refugee

20 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

We badly need depth at both positions so looking around in the FA market makes alot of sense.

I personally want to see us wipe the slate clean with our DL. Cut Lowry, don't bother re-signing Adams, Lancaster and Snacks. Drastic, yes but I've never been satisfied with our interior pass rush and our run defence. Build a new DL group around Clark and Keke.

If we are not re-signing King, I wouldn't mind us taking a look at Ronald Darby. I've always liked him but not sure what his best position is, outside or inside. Either way we need to strengthen both spots. Patrick Peterson is another one I wouldn't mind bringing in as CB#2. Chidobe Awuzie is another one worth kicking the tyres on. I do have to concede when it comes to age and raw talent Kevin King is probably the best one on the market. Food for thought.

Edited by Chili

9 minutes ago, Chili said:

We badly need depth at both positions so looking around in the FA market makes alot of sense.

I personally want to see us wipe the slate clean with our DL. Cut Lowry, don't bother re-signing Adams, Lancaster and Snacks. Drastic, yes but I've never been satisfied with our interior pass rush and our run defence. Build a new DL group around Clark and Keke.

If we are not re-signing King, I wouldn't mind us taking a look at Ronald Darby. I've always liked him but not sure what his best position is, outside or inside. Either way we need to strengthen both spots. Patrick Peterson is another one I wouldn't mind bringing in as CB#2. Chidobe Awuzie is another one worth kicking the tyres on. I do have to concede when it comes to age and raw talent Kevin King is probably the best one on the market. Food for thought.

I could see us maybe resigning Lancaster, but thats about it they are all replaceable.

15 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

WTF.... $13m/year for Nelly?

Just BB with money burning a hole in his pocket warping the market.  Every year there are some early contracts given out that make me scratch my head but I guess Billy knows a little bit more about the business than I do.  I still think once the big contracts are given out the game of musical chairs begins because there are not as many teams with money to throw around.  Maybe we get someone on a below market short term deal who thinks we can showcase what they do for the next contract.